1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjusting Facebook "Interested In" Settings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by newfish, Mar 13, 2014.

1. newfish

I'm thinking I'll change my "Interested In" section on my facebook profile, but I'd like to exclude most family members from this. So I have a few questions about how this is possible, and about other options.

1. I read that it shows up in people's newsfeeds. If this is true, is there a way to prevent this?

2. If there isn't, but I set it so that certain people cannot see it, will they still get it on their newsfeed? Or will they just not see it altogether?

3. If I change it so only I can see this, and then change it so it is visible to friends, will they still see it on their newsfeed?

4. If the above is true, should I change it so only a few people can see it and then just let it spread? Or just give up and let everyone see it?

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1) When I changed it a couple months ago, it didn't show up anywhere

2) When you make the change, you can select custom and then you just type in the people that you do NOT want to see in the appropriate box.

3) No. They will see it iff they go to your "About You"

4) The above is only half true so I will say it's up to you what you wanna do. I made it to where only my closest friends can see it.

3. newfish

Okay, that all works out. The rest of the internet had really conflicting information, so I kind of freaked out. I think I'll just set it to everyone except some family members. Thanks! And I guess that means I'm basically out to anyone that cares to know (except my parents so far). YAY! (!):eusa_danc

4. BelleFromHell

I don't have any gender on my interested in section.
    I don't want people to know I'm a lesbian, but I also don't want them to think I'm interested in men. Of course, this doesn't prevent men from hitting on me. :eusa_doh:

5. newfish

Ugh, some people just don't get it.