1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eh, does THAT mean I can shift sides??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by darkestknight, Jul 17, 2008.

1. darkestknight

Ok, here's some of the conversation on a high school friend (who currently also studies the same college as me), which, once, I had a crush on. (of course, no more crush on him anymore) Let's call him R.

it's in the middle of the conversation:

I: ...Shit, that can't be anyway. My parents BEGGED me to get a girl. Or most probably, they will kill/murder/assassinate/bribe to make me get one.

R: Man, you told me some time ago. Really, not even crushing on a girl??

I: I have interests on them but I never go around after them.

R: Ok, please tell me some of your girls that you dying to have.

I: Nooo problem. I kinda interested in our junior (let's call her E)...

R: Man, you just got it right, why not go after her, and besides, she is BADLY DYING for a partner. You and her ... a freaking good match!!

I: I don't feel like after her. Well, I don't really. She's nice, but I just kinda not feel like going after girls... right now.

R: Oh shit, how can you be so gay enough to say that? (no pun intended) She's perfect for ya...

I: Dunno. I dig for guys nowadays. I dig for girls too, but I'm way too picky of girls. I know, I know, I know, I could have gotten her, and again, I don't feel like it.

Does that mean I can shift sides? Well, I do like girls too, sometimes dig girls... but I found myself digging for guys. Either way, works for me. Now I'm just interested in another guy and I don't fu¢king mind it.

And my parents still think that I'm gay if I have a boyfriend when in the meantime I'm perfectly (or imperfectly) bi. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! It is possible for your sexual identity and feelings to change over time. It can take a while for you to figure it all out, but generally it can happen. I wouldn't worry about labels at this stage. Go with the flow, follow what you feel is right for you.

3. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true, I used to think I was straight, but now I realize that I have no sexual inclination towards girls. Even last year, I thought I liked this girl. Actually, she was just nice to talk to. Not once did I have a sexual thought. But then I saw her male friend and I instantly stopped being interested in her. xD

4. darkestknight

I still have sexual inclination towards girls... but not as much as the guys I have now. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I just feel like doing what I want to do. Much easier for me. Heh heh. :grin:

5. Davey

yes you can switch back and forth
    its an on going joke with my friends
    "I'm just Gay today"
    "Today i am Myself" (Bi)
    "Today i feel straight"
    that kind of stuff
    one day i can be chasing hot girls around
    the next i'm flirting with every guy i see
    its natural if your Bi
    which sounds like you are.

6. Trumpetplyer23

Dude, you're definately bi, because you're interested in both sexes romantically and sexually.

Honestly, all of the crushes I've had up to this point have been girls (really hot ones, but that's not the point) I feel I bond better with them and could form a long lasting relationship with them, if they were bi/gay.

However, I've been in relationships with guys. Not because I didn't like girls, but because none of them are bi/gay or out of the closet. I was pretty happy in those relationships.

It's all about preference. So you're picky when it comes to the ladies, no harm, no foul. I sound kind of weird, don't I? Anyways, there's nothing wrong with being picky, in either gender, it's your heart that's at stake, not anyone else's. Why lower your standards for some sub-standard chicka/dude and get your heart broken because of it?

I hope my surfer lingo-filled post helped. Remember, you can always PM me if you feel the need.

7. darkestknight

Good one, trumpetplayer! :grin:

Yeah I'm damn picky when comes to girls, and picky when comes to guys.

As my parents knowing I'm bi, they are absolutely worried that I might become gay. So I told them, "If i get a guy first, it's a guy friend. If i get a girl first, it's a girl friend. I'm still checking out ALL of them." :grin:

And i'm strangely multi-directional in terms of relationship. If i have a guy friend, he must be older (or as the same age), and stronger/bigger (physically) than me so that I'm protected (and share things together). (duh) If i have a girl friend, well, we share things together.

In either ways, I want to be self-sufficient. I can't be too clingy or else I might face a whole new set of problems! :grin:

#7 darkestknight, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  8. I'm the same way. Some days I lean more towards gay, some days I lean more towards straight. Just depends on my mood. It's perfectly normal. :thumbsup: