1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone that I don't want to know knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ilovemylife, Mar 13, 2014.

1. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So long story short, my friend was going through my text messages (without my knowledge until after) and looked at the conversation between me and the friend I came out to. He didn't confront me about anything, but said that he was looking for a specific date of a text conversation. The date was the day I first came out. I came out in person and I don't think I have any conversations about it back then, but to reference such a specific day (which nothing else really happened on that day) frightens the hell out of me. My friend doesn't keep secrets well (or at least most secrets). I don't know if I should confront him about it or just see if he says anything. Has this ever happened to any of you? How would you deal with this?

I don't know why I would even keep messages about my sexuality. I'm usually much more careful than this...

2. igoloo2946

This exact same thing happened to me when my brother and my sister went through my messages without me knowing just to be mean. They read the messages that revealed my homosexuality and confronted me about it right when I got home. If there were messages between you and your friend that would have revealed your homosexuality, then I'm sure that If he knows, he is just trying to respect you personal privacy right now, although I am sure that he planning on confronting you soon. You should wait for him to confront you just to be safe.

3. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry that you had your privacy invaded, too. It makes me angry more than it makes me scared. But what you said is a good point. I am just going to let him come to me if he knows. I don't want to accidentally out myself to him. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he knew, but he certainly isn't someone that I would come out to before anyone else. The not-knowing is what scares me.

4. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always delete any messages that hint anything about my orientation. I don't trust people.

5. wolfxinxchains

what i would do is pretend to be really pissed at him for looking through your phone then be like jk and then confront him about it and just explain. i'm sure he'd understand. if you have any problems lemme know! id be glad to help you with any thing!

6. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've already seen this friend many times since the incident, and he hasn't mentioned anything about knowing. If, however, he does know, then I've decided I wouldn't make a story up or lie to him if he asks. I'm getting closer to becoming more open about my sexuality. But as of now, I highly doubt he knows anything.

Crisis averted.