1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married-bisexual mother questioning coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charlie4, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Charlie4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, this is my first post and I am just looking for some discussion or helpful advice on my current situation....

I have always identified as being bisexual and have been with a few women before getting married to my husband of 7 years. During that time I have had some infertility issues but now have a son. In the past few years I have been questioning my sexuality as I have lost a connection with my husband and have leaned more towards women. We are currently going through counselling but in the end I still feel more drawn to women. My husband is my best friend and i love him, but I no longer have that intimacy connection. I'm scared to leave because I'm in love with my FAMILY but cant get the motivation to be on that certain level with my husband that a married couple should have.

I'm just questioning if I leave, that I made the wrong decision and that I've lost my family life... So how does one really know what to do? Obviously saying something is easier than doing something...

2. Pete1970

Hi Charlie,

I am in kind of the same situation. Been married for 23 years and 2 weeks before filing for divorce we both kind of got cold feet. We are now going to counselling but like you that spark is still missing. Also like you I love the family.

I constantly question what the right thing to do is. Sorry I don't really have advice but just wanted you to know that you aren't alone.

3. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't give advice really, but there is a lot of stuff about straight marriage issues on the Later In Life forum. You might want to check it out.