1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Awkwardly Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by newfish, Mar 14, 2014.

1. newfish

So I've already come out in person a few times. It was awkward, but I can imagine it will be about 3000x worse with my parents. So I'm thinking about going with one way I saw, which is to leave pamphlets about coming out to family and just wait for my parents to ask. What do you think of this idea? Are there any other suggestions?

2. Yosia

I think this is quite a good idea!! You dont have to bring the converstaion up that way ^.^

I might steal this idea XD

3. lordsnow

I think it's a good idea it gives them time to process the information and react in a calm manner. Personally I would probably just send my family emails, I don't do well with confrontation. But in the end, all that matters in what feels right to you.

4. King

The 'conversation' will always be extremely awkward whether they initiate it via hints or whether you decide to tell them.

Do whatever method you like, so long as it is appropriate, but remember that it will result in an awkward conversation.

Remember to only come out when you are ready to, but the awkwardness will probably be worth it in the end.

5. IG88

You could always write them a letter, leave it where they can see it and you're away at school or something. That way they have time to digest what they have read by the time you get home.

6. Silver Sparrow

I'd agree with IG88, putting the information in a letter might be a good idea. You can put everything you want to say in the letter.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a good idea. ^^