1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dry Hair.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Jul 18, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

Whenever I wash my hair it is usually quite dry for the next day or too. I use "fruitrience enriched shampoo for 10x stronger hair" to wash and then I use "Natures Organics hair quench for Normal Hair - Balancing" which I thought would hydrate it.

So yeah is there anything else i can do to not make it so dry after i wash it?

thaanks :icon_wink

2. Trumpetplyer23

I believe (and my knowledge only comes from my hair stylist mom, I have the exact opposite problem, actually) that there are certain products you can use.

First I would recommend conditioning. I would use a hydrating shampoo and condtioner, none of that balancing crap. That'll just suck the moisture right out.

Next, if you don't want to use conditioner in the shower they sell 'leave-in conditioner', you spray it on your head, and you're good to go. Lots of brands make them, so, it shouldn't be too hard to find one.

Next, Beyond the Zone ( brand name) makes something called "Protein Cocktail", what it is, it's just a spray, you spray it on your head at the roots of your hair and it adds shine, conditioning (moisture), and managability.

If all of these fail, you can go into a salon (and as long as you haven't dyed your hair or gotten a perm or any other form of chemical treatment in a while) and get what's called a deep condition. I don't know exactly what they do, but I know it adds a whole butt load of moisture to your hair.

I hope those methods work for you :slight_smile:

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

It might just be your hair type. I have curly hair but my genes make it dry and less soft and lush-like then what most peoples are...it kinda makes me mad.

4. MeskElil

I agree with Trumpetplyer on this one.

5. TyraBanksIsFierce

Thank you! I thought that seeing it had "quench" in its name it would be good for moisture:dry: