1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crippling depression, what's next for me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tier2, Mar 16, 2014.

1. tier2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I recently admitted to myself I am gay and need to eventually come out but I don't plan to come out until after college and getting a career so that I don't financially stunt my life. However, now I have crippling depression when I think about how far away that actually is. Since I've accepted myself I've given up pretending I can be happy with a woman and instead want to find the man of my life. It seems like such a long time to give up love. How can I date and not be out. How can I be really in love and not be out? I just don't know what to do or why anyone would even want to be with someone who's still in the closet. Please does anyone have any advice. I'm so depressed at the thought of being alone.

2. Delorean

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    By my own experience, I'd say you need someone you can really trust. Someone you'd trust your life. A bestfriend.
    The best thing to do is to come out to this person. You'll need someone to talk about those things, you can't keep it to yourself and feel 100% happy about it.
    You don't need to come out to your parents before college, if you think it will ruin everything, you just need someone to talk.

In my case, I have delayed this for to long, it's terrible to don't have a single person who you can openly talk about this.

3. Ravi-VIXX777

Does being gay have to involve dating so soon? Why not find an LGBT group near you as support before being in a committed relationship. A closeted couple can work, but it can be draining. Just think, if you have been alone this long, you can continue on. I've heard someone who was 41 who was lonely his life and met someone. It takes patience sadly, you'll find someone. Your in college, why not try finding yourself now. There's no better time! Hang in there!! (*hug*)