1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my mom.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by R999, Mar 16, 2014.

1. R999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently came out to my mom as Bi. She was very okay with it, and it was relieving to get it off my chest, but not I feel super weird around her whenever theres a cute girl on tv or in a restaurant. I told her I like that cute girl MK on American Idol and now when we watch it together I feel wicked uncomfortable. But she was totally okay with me being bi and has even been pointing out attractive girls. i dont know what my problem is.:bang:

2. WhyteWind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey it's fine I can totally relate.

I also tend to feel uncomfortable when I'm finding girls cute or checking other girls out around my friends. I feel like this extends from a slight bit of inner self-homophobia.

It's like we feel that these attractions are weird and we feel guilty about them (though others might not see it that way) and we don't want other people to think we're weird. We're a bit ashamed of our attractions and we're afraid that our friends/family may distance themselves (even if just by a little) from us because they find us weird.

I'm going through the same problems of insecurities right now and I came out to several people already. Let's root each other on to work on our insecurities! XD (*hug*)

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on coming out to her! Super glad she's supportive of it. :slight_smile:

Totally understandable that you don't feel comfortable being bisexual (mentioning hot girls, etc.) around her. My parents are totally accepting, both of my brothers too, but I don't feel comfortable talking about attractive guys with them because I don't know how comfortable they feel about it, and I'd rather not put them in that situation.

It's seems weird that you'd be uncomfortable around such accepting family members, but it's normal to feel that way.

4. Sometimes we create probs when there are not any.Its all about perception and the reaction is completely normal.Congrats on coming out!

5. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how it feels I usually don't talk about it.