1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Proud1p4, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

*docks forehead with a fork, as you would with a pie pastry*

Okay time for some emotional release. I'm soo fucking scared right now more than anything.

April to June = The busiest time of the year for me.

And really, as i'm living my day to day existence, and i'm talking to people all around me, seeing it on tv, this undeniable inevadiblity. I'm so worried because all i can think about is how busy i am now and every says; High school is a cakewalk compared to what's to come.

I am not asking if this is how it really is, so please don't try to give me fake comfort, i like the truth. No matter how bitter it may be.

What i'm really asking of you; nothing. I'm venting....duh?! :dry: I just really need to tell somebody that my act is so not together now. I look at school as something i choose to do, and can put it as second priority when i feel like it, skip class and evade homework for weeks at a time. And i'm just so worried i'm not strong enough to pull it together, ever, let alone in time.

Is it only me who feels like this?

Thnx for enduring me, Proud

2. tired_of_lying411

Hey, Kyle

I totally get you. I am so bogged down lately, it seems that I have absolutely no time for anything, and yet spend hours doing nothing at all... I am at odds with school, now. I hated math, but now that it's over, (first semester course) it feels like school doesn't even matter. It's just all 'going through the motions'.

All that contributes to my major issue of procrastination. I feel like an addict, it's a force that I can't fight. I always just make it by the skin of my teeth, and so it gives me no motivation to actually be punctual. I'd be so much happier if I accomplished things on time and didn't make so much stress for myself.

On top of all that, of course, is this little burning desire to come out to the whole school. It's like this small little pea under my stack of mattresses. It affects my whole life, but it's just this barrier that I can't get past. And yet, I feel like the act I play every day is pointless. Everyone seems to know... or so my paranoia tells me.

Damn. why does it seem that every time I start coming here again, I get all emo and problems arise.. am I better off letting sleeping dogs lie until graduation of '09... and just surprise myself with shouting it out....?

3. LorenzG1950

Hey Kyle and Brenton,

As the king of procrastination, I can relate very well. Whether it's school or work, we sometimes get dumped on with more than we can handle. That causes stress. :tantrum: We reduce the stress by doing nothing, coming here, or relaxing, or as I've been told, some of us smoke, drink, or do recreational drugs (none of those are recommended):eusa_whis . All of this gets us farther behind, causing even more stress. Then we need to rant and try to step back to see what part of the stress factors we can control:eek: .

Usually I conclude that most of the work is out of my control, postpone the things that can wait, and concentrate on the ones that need immediate attention.

Relax, focus, and quit beating yourself up for what you can't or didn't accomplish. Eat a good meal, get some sleep, and attack with fresh energy. It doesn't make the problems go away but you'll be in a better position to pick and choose what's really important :thumbsup: .

I'm in one of those situations right now where everyone seems to want everything yesterday. So I'm taking a break, right here:bang: .

4. GoodOlMe

Haha, I think I got the same problem for you. High School is a sinch compared to the real life. If I dont feel like going to school....i dont. If i dont want to do homework....I sleep, etc etc. And I'm not even a senior yet, next year I'm gonna be horrible. But I think after summer vacation you'll have time to relax and be ready to go back and actually focus. It might take a little bit of self discipline but I'm sure you'll get it

5. CatamiteAngel

Ugh. Well, I can say that University workloads are... different. Like, enormous assignments of doom, but only two or three per semester for each class (in Anthropology, anyways). So that might fit your work ethic better? One thing I can warn you about, you can't hand things in late without a doctor's note in most faculties, so you'd better get used to doing things on time ^^;.

6. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Or become incredibly skillful at sucking up to doctors....lol just kidding, yeah i think i'll have enough time to prepare myself now i'm more level headed....

thnx for the advice everyone.

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lucky you, I get 4-5 Assignments of doom A WEEK. 10 assignment weeks a term = a lot of assignments of doom. Plus a 6 day exam-a-thon. And I have to walk uphill in the snow both ways!

It's good to make friends with: the library, Coffee, and people in your class so you can collaborate on coursework. And cute guys in your class that like coffee and work in the library.

If you can get an extension on one assignment, you still have all the assignments in the other courses piling up, so it's best to keep on top of things as much as possible (And at least look at the assignments before the night before)