1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

struggling with acceptance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aspie musician, Mar 17, 2014.

1. I honestly do not know whether I even want to be out.I just feel like I can not relate to anyone in general regardless of their sexual orientation.On the one hand I just want to be left alone and pretend on the other I want to be with someone that understands.And right now I do not know which part is taking over.I dont understand why this is so hard for me...I really dont...I always respect others that have the courage to be so open about their sexuality,so accepting of it.Maybe I am just having a bad day...the one moment I feel closer to acceptance,the nex it feels as if I have taken 5 steps back.Frustrated with myself.

2. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can totally relate.

As I am only partially out (just to friends), I feel like I'm not in a place where I have the relationship that I feel I want/deserve. I always think about coming out so I can try to pursue that part of me, but something always holds me back and then I constantly battle with myself as to whether I want to be out or not.

It can be a very frustrating process, and whilst we find it so easy to accept others, when it comes to ourselves we always tend to think differently because it's much more personal. Coming out takes time, and everybody is ready at their own pace.

Finding yourself is the most important thing. I feel like I'm a place where I need to discover myself and be comfortable and confident before I can confide and be open with the world. Places like this, where you can meet and talk to like minded people may help you engage and relate to people in general, and may help shape the way you choose to approach your future.

I hope this is helpful, I am always here to chat!