1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wearing my sisters clothes.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cody lover, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Cody lover

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok well I live with my sister and I cross dress. I don't have any of my own girls clothes so when she leaves the house I wear her clothes. Tonight she is going to the movies with a friend and I plan to wear some of her outfits. I love to play dress up. So my question is should I tell her. I feel like its wrong for me to do it without her knowing. But I'm also not out at all. I want to be out but I'm not sure how to express or tell someone I'm bisexual. How should I do it. Please help. Thanks. :help::bang::help:

#1 Cody lover, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps I'm being thick but I don't see the link between telling your sister you wear her clothes and telling her you are bisexual...or where you just planning on telling her both of these things?

3. Cody lover

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I want to tell her both but don't know how.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well telling her your orientation is theoretically the easier of the two. However, I would leave it for now.

As for wearing her clothes, the key thing here is to know exactly what you are planning on telling her. Basically WHY do you wear her clothes?

5. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Speaking from experience I can say people definitely don't like you trying on their clothing without their knowledge. When I was around 10 I got caught by my dad trying on my moms clothing, and he really really flipped out. One of the reasons that it took me until going to college to start discovering my identity was because I was so afraid of my parent's reaction after that. My dad is usually pretty chill, but I remember that particular incident as one where he was the most angry I have ever seen him.

6. Cody lover

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yea I think that's why I'm nervous. She is nomally pretty chill but I don't know how she would react if I asked if I could wear her clothes. And for the reason why I wear her clothes is I'm just attracted to women's clothing. I love wearing dresses, panties, short shorts, tank tops, really just anything girly.

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think in this case, it's a matter of it'd be better to just get some of your own than to borrow hers. Or ask her if you could try her clothes on instead. People generally get creeped out when they find out someone's even just been going through their clothes (especially intimate clothing) without their knowledge/consent. And I'd recommend coming out about liking female clothing seperate from coming out as bi, just to soften the blow some.

8. katwat

I agree, you should start buying some clothes of your own. As it is you are kind of invading your sister's privacy and that is a whole different thing to your sexuality or your need to dress in fem clothing. Having your own female clothes (and possibly being found out) is a whole lot easier to explain than continuing to sneak your sister's clothing and being caught in them would be. Separate the two issues.

9. Cody lover

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the help.