There has to be an easier way.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by svnaaa, Mar 19, 2014.

1. svnaaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know everyone is different, but how do openly and comfortably out women prefer to be approached? I know there's not a "Hey I'm gay, you're gay," look to ease the nervousness of first approaching someone.

I just haven't done it yet. I want to come across friendly, but I want her to vibe off me. I'll take anything! Help!:bang:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try forgetting the 'gay' part.

Instead of "Hey I'm gay, you're gay", approach with an attitude of "Hey you're here, and I'm here" you both exist in the same room, go from there.

3. Belkeseri18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm not an outed woman, but I would say if you want to bring it up, just start a casual conversation, and bring it up. Like, "Hey, that girl over there is kinda cute", or something. I think being too direct might offend some people.

4. svnaaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not necessarily that I want to discuss our sexuality right then and there, but that I want to know how to approach her in general. She's completely intimidating... She's talked to me several times so I don't know what my deal is haha. It's been when we're at the gym. She's very fit, so I was thinking maybe I could mention her showing me some new exercises or training me? Is that too forward?

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem to know what you're doing! I'm pretty new to this whole 'gym' thing, do you think you might be able to give me some tips?"

That's not so much 'forward' as much as it is 'gym etiquette' isn't it?

6. Dex M

Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmm. I would try to observe her exercises occasionally. Then from that you would notice at what intervals she would usually take a break. Then when she takes a break, you do the approach and ask her like "Hey I noticed you do several flexes very well, can you show me how?" or something like that.

7. svnaaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That was the first thing she ever said to me. She tapped me and was like, "Hey, I'm not being creepy but does that work your abs? I'm just trying to get some tips around here and I've never seen that done before." And I bombed that but she's still been talking to me. So maybe she's interested or at least wants to be friends.

Alright sounds easy enough. Now just mustering the courage to approach her first. Thank you guys!

8. Dex M

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh shoot. Looks like she's into you. Go for it. Just keep it casual. :slight_smile:

9. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like you're on the right track... And I hope the best for you... Keep us posted. =)

10. kessiej

Well I'm into women and definitely don't hide it (although I don't shout it from the rooftops either) and I suppose I like to be approached in a friendly manner. I'd be a bit freaked out if someone came up to me and said "hey your hot" but that's only because I'm shy, and wouldn't know how to react. Although I've hit on other women with "I've got a major crush on you", so maybe that's just a cocky approach???

I would just be friendly, act natural and strike up a conversation with her...good luck xxx