1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A mild existential crisis sent me here.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zcaptein, Mar 21, 2014.

1. zcaptein

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I'm zcaptein and I'm new here. Nice to meet you all and I hope I become a part of this helpful community.

So, as for my situation... I'm almost in my twenties and I'm a college student, so you pretty much get the kind of demographic I'm in. Other minor details, I'm Asian and currently living with my family. All this is just a helpful description to paint a picture of me in your head.
    If you find it dull, you can think of me as a pink t-rex instead. or whatever.

This is going to be a pretty long post and I apologize in advance. If I could buy you a cup of coffee or a beer, I would, believe me. I just need someone to listen to me
    ;u;

Ready? ok. -deep breath-

After years of introspection and denial [and angst, but who doesn't have angst?], I have come to realize that I am bi. My preference for gender changes and that doesn't bother me at all. However, accepting this within myself and telling the people close to me [my family, of course] are two entirely different things. I have only told two friends [not that close, we're more good acquaintances, I guess] and the both of them are also part of the LGBT community [one is bi, the other is lesbian. The lesbian told me bi people didn't really exist, they had to pick a preference. I need better LGBT friends.]

I can't stand the thought of telling straight girls, because I'm worried they will think I'm some kind of pervert or something. I know that is a highly idiotic way of thinking, but I can't shake it. I mean, I do admit that I find girl attractive and I can't help but look and admire from afar.

I'm also not very feminine, which makes me worry that I'll get outed when I don't expect it. [it has happened, people have made jokes about it but i always manage to laugh it off.] At the moment, my family is still relatively clueless, but in time they'll find out.

It doesn't exactly help that I live in the Christian capital of Asia. I think my mom would learn to accept it if I came out to her, but I can't bear to think of what the rest of the family would think. They're active in the church.

Anyway, I'm at that stage of my life where I begin realize that if something doesn't change soon, I'm going to explode. I don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt people by coming out, but I'm hurting myself everyday that I don't. As for friends... well I don't have much friends anyways. Maybe coming out might make me find better ones.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome!

[​IMG] http://psyckostinamuffin.deviantart.com/art/Cute-Pink-T-Rex-199342576

Like this? Sorry, i couldn't resist :grin:

@Topic:
    Glad you have that clear in your mind. We do exist, and we aren't confused.
    You won't. Of course, some people may have bad reactions, but that isn't your fault. You are just trying to be yourself, and to be happy that way, right? :thumbsup:

Are you starting to consider if you want to come out, and if you feel ready enough to do it? If yes, do you have any idea how?

#2 Chiroptera, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  3. zcaptein

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Rawr indeed.
    :3
    I would hug you but I don't have the required arm length.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that I am bi and that I exist. Saying bi people didn't exist is like saying there's no middle on a ruler. ok bad analogy, but whatever.

I feel like starting with my closest cousin. I have the feeling she knows anyway. I mean, she's really girly and all that, and I look really queer standing next to her, haha. But she seems quite open to LGBT stuff. Recently she actually keeps talking about that. Maybe she's goading me to come out or something.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    <hugs the T-Rex> (*hug*)

Yep, starting with someone who seems LGBT friendly is a good idea.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

5. zcaptein

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    >^_^<

thanks.
    -goes off on a valiant quest-
    man, maybe next year i should join some LGBT organization. make things easier for me.
    I can't seem to find the queer people in my campus. >.>