1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be officially out as femme lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Butterfly16, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

Okay so im really nervous,
    my grandmother lives with us and she may act cool with it idk, but I dont want her faking being ok with it. I want her true emotions and feelings. She will still get grandkids, I just will never have a bf (again) or husband. I really feel ready to come out to everyone however im still nervous.
    I think I might talk to my brother first. Idk, havent seen him in a while (Air force)

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wanna feel like you butterfly I'm slowly working on it and coming out to my friends but I can't tell my family because they will all judge me and hate me . Maybe when I move out I will tell everyone

3. AmiBee

Good luck with your grandma. It would be hard to hide that part if yourself if you are out to others and live with your grandmother. Good luck.

4. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

Sigh.. I didnt come out but I still want to :/

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'd rather have someone fake being okay with it than tell me they don't support me any more, but that's just me. I think you're going to have to come out eventually, otherwise it will drive you crazy. Before you come out it helps to be sure, I notice that in your user profile it says you are questioning on both gender and orientation. I'm not sure if that's old information though. The next thing is to gauge if your grandmother would do something awful like throw you out of the house, try testing her with questions about her opinions. If you think she would do something like that, don't tell her until you are financially and emotionally ready to live on your own. If there are no problems, then the last thing to do is to work up the courage to tell her. Good luck!