1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Did It I came out to her !!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stocking, Mar 22, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friend called me today and i admitted to her that I'm a lesbian , She said she knew it all along , I kept asking her her how she knew but she said she can't explain but she just knew because she took a communications class and she took clues from there .
    She asked me if I was attracted to her and told her I was when we went to high school and she told me I made her day , she asked if I still was and I said no because we've been friends for so long . ( I still think she's pretty though ) but the other comment she said go me mad because she asked me if I had sex with guys , I said I tried with a guy once but I didn't have intercourse and she said I needed to try dick and that I will find a guy I like one of these days , I told her I tried a bunch of times and she said I didn't try hard enough and that I need to have sex with some guys and said your probably not gay your confused you just hadn't found the right guy .
    I hate when people say that , I guess it's because I'm femme maybe she doesn't believe I'm a lesbian but I'm happy I told her .
    but why do people think because your femme and act girly you can't be a lesbian ? gets on my nerves :tantrum: well I did it guys and we're still friends thanks for your kind words before Lovely Lesbian :slight_smile: sorry I didn't respond earlier .

2. lovely lesbian

That's ok no probs wow! She said that? That is so ahoying!

3. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

oh that's pretty nasty of her. I am sorry that she said those things to you. It always makes me angry when people disrespect people's identities like that. Like they would know you better than yourself. Maybe she was hurt because you said you were no longer attracted to her? She could have been lashing out. People can do that sometimes.

4. lovely lesbian

No idea what i said by the way lol but your welcome x

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I hate that she said that :tantrum: you wished me good luck coming out to her

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 09:44 AM ----------

Yeah it was pretty nasty , I still think my friend is attractive , I just can't see myself having sex with her but maybe she wants me to be attracted still ? is she bi curious ? or bi ? I know in her past she's had a 3way with another girl and her boyfriend
    I hate that too when people think that , I've been guilty of it sometimes but yeah I hate when people think they know you better than you know yourself .

#5 stocking, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  6. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I always try my best to not comment on peoples orientation, even if I strongly suspect they may have attractions they don't acknowledge. I find not saying anything and giving them space to work through who they are themselves is far more effective than pointing things out. That being said, telling people you like them can be tricky, because it can lead people to think you are judging, when in fact it's just being honest about how *you* feel, not in fact putting their sexuality into question.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can be pretty vocal sometimes about sexuality but when people are figuring it out I think like you said it's best to leave them be . It's the best thing to do . but I've never gone as far as my friend to telling people that they needed to have sex or date someone their not attracted to for me to fully believe them . Maybe she thought I was judging but I'm not it's just I can't go to a sexual place with her like I felt back then . I also prefer to be in a relationship with another woman if I was getting sexual .

8. White Knight

I'd like to say gratz Stocking but with your friends reaction, there is an effing typhoon over your parade.

I wonder what straight people would think if we tell them they can't be sure they are straight before they try same gender first.

Here have a (*hug*)

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks White knight (*hug*) yeah a big effing typhoon lol :grin:

10. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

just remember they are the ones being total poopyheads about this. That is not on you, and you are being totally awesome about this. Water under the bridge as they say.