1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going to tell my crush that I like him

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I told myself that whenever I get the chance I'm going to tell the guy I like that I like him. I can't talk to him all the time so I have to do this over text. (I know it's lame) But I just need some sentences to bring it up. Or different ways to say that I like him.
    Love you (GayCJ :kiss: )
    I know that there no detail, but try your best!

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Maybe if you just write that you like him more as a friend or something like that. You could also say that you like his hair or his eyes.:slight_smile:

3. eburian

WOW!! seriously you are much braver than me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: congrats- b/c I have a tendency to hold back all my feelings until I have to face them- DON'T EVER TRY THAT NOT HEALTHY AT ALL.

Good luck! I wish all the best for you!

4. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That's right. It's so stupid to do that. I'm doing the same thing!!!:grin:

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think anybody can tell you what to say; just write from the heart. Why don't you try writing out a draft here and then we can provide some feedback.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

6. PaulPumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I would do this with caution. Is he gay to? If he is does he know he is? Is he your friend? By telling someone you fancy them is a risk. You don`t know how they will react and by telling him can spread like wildfire to lot more people. You could get bullied all the time which i was when i told someone i fancied them. I never been the same since. The best way is to find out if he his gay first but don`t ask him directly. If you want to tell him say you gay first and fancy lads then see how he will react.

7. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a little more detail. He says he straight and he knows I'm gay

8. PaulPumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Then really it`s up to him to make the first move. If he really is straight then by telling him you fancy him is not going to get anywhere. It will cause problems. If he is gay then patience is key until he feels ready to come out to someone.

9. William

Hm. I wish we could trade balls for a moment so that I could have the balls to tell my crush I like him...that sounded much better in my head actually. Anyway good luck at it.

10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's straight, unless you've got a mountain of evidence to suggest that he's in denial, I don't think there's any use in telling him, sadly.

11. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I noticed that everyone has been helpful except for Charmed. If you don't have anything helpful to say then don't say anything. Please.
    The rest of you have been very helpful!!

12. PaulPumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I hope i was some help to you and very best of luck on what happens next.

13. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wouldn't say that he was unhelpful. I'd say that it's just not what you wanted to hear. His advice was pretty similar to other's advice, also. It was just more direct.

14. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is true. I am trying to be helpful, it's just that my way of helping is to bring up a different point of view.

I've had a crush on a straight friend too, and purposely decided not to tell him. I decided it was more important for me to keep my feelings to myself and have him continue to be my straight, supportive friend than to tell him and possibly weird him out and hurt our friendship. When I saw your post, I thought back to my experience with this friend and wanted to share my perspective.

All I'm trying to do is make sure you think about that possibility when you're debating whether or not to tell him.

15. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hopefully I'm not too late to the party, but I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell all of my straight friends: go in without the expectation of getting anything in return. By that, I'm saying that you need to be sure that both you and he understand that you are in no way "asking him out". You are simply putting everything on the table. "We're friends, and I think I owe it to you to tell you that recently I've been having feelings for you" or something along those lines. If he is a good friend, you two will be fine. Hopefully all goes (or "went" depending on how late I am) well!

Wish I had the guts you do kid...

16. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Allow me to echo what charmed said. If he says he's straight then take that at face value. Usually we see what we want to see and often times like people to tell us what we want to hear but i'd rather you hear the truth. I had 2 similar cases a few years back. The first was with one of my straight friends who knew i was gay. I was so in love with him, i found the courage to tell him. He understood but politely turned me down. We are still friends. The next was with one guy i'd gotten very close to. In my opinion he had all the signs and i really he was straight because he wasn't ready to come out so i went right ahead and confessed my feelings. Long story short, there was bullying, isolation, a year off school and excessive depression. My advice just be subtle with your feelings towards him, he really is gay you'll know, for sure, at some point. JUST DON'T BLURT OUT YOUR FEELINGS JUST YET'

17. PaulPumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Very good post. Exactly what happened to me when i told someone. Nearly a year of school.

18. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so more details about my crush is;He hasnt confessed on who he likes, he used to hang out with some of his friends before he knew i existed now he chooses me over them, sometimes we touch hands on accindent he doesnt have a negitive comment or he doesnt make a face, hes perfectly fine with me being gay...the only thing that i think from me telling him is that, in a recent convo he said he is straight. But through these things hes done, i think he is at least Bi-cuirous.

19. William

Well you know him and we don't,so you'd know best out of anyone here. If you do ask,whatever you do don't expect the reaction you want,expect the worse.

20. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you're reading too much into his actions.
    At your age, sexuality is as easy to see through as mud (meaning, not at all).
    People's feelings change rapidly which makes it hard to get an idea of someone's sexuality.

TeePee was right - you see what you want to see.
    I don't think there's any reason to assume this guy is bisexual/bicurious.