1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Polygamy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ClovisCat, Mar 22, 2014.

1. ClovisCat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yesterday, I got a girlfriend, or rather, my first girlfriend. I'm already very close to her as we have been friends for four years, but it's a very strange situation and I'm very sorry if I have posted in the wrong category for this. My cousins are tolerant of homosexuals, so in that way, I could easily talk to them. However, I not only have a girlfriend, but a boyfriend as well, and we are all dating one another. I am nervous about spending my first weekend with my girlfriend next month, but more so worried about how to talk to anyone about this. My family is mostly by the book baptists, and so, I'm not sure how they feel about polygamy, but I know they frown upon homosexuality. I would love to introduce my girlfriend as just that, but I don't think I should. Oh, and since my boyfriend has been with me longer, my family knows him well, so I can't really hide the polygamy if I tell them about my girlfriend. I appreciate any help and I'm sorry if this post is to weird.

2. afroblackbi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    first of all, I believe you should know who you want the guy or the girl. You can't have both and it would work out perfectly unless your other partner knows about themselves (your boyfriend/girlfriend). Its ok to be nervous cos you're expecting new experiences. I believe you should get to understand and know more about how u feel before letting your parents know. Gets you to explain to them better. So spend the time with her, if its worth it, tell your parents then

3. ClovisCat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I respect your opinion, as many others don't like that I'm dating two people at once, but they both know of each other and enjoy our little relationship group. Thank you for the advice about my girlfriend.

4. TheUglyBarnacle

Is it possible that there might be some sort of financial backlash or physical attack if you do tell them?
    If not, then there are only two things to consider:
    -Do you want to tell them?
    -Do you feel comfortable telling them?

If both answers are yes, then go ahead. Polyamory is nothing to be ashamed of. If it makes you and your partners happy, nobody has a say in it. Love and/or consensual sex are amazing. No reason to feel bad about them. :slight_smile:
    Also, if you do intend to tell your parents maybe you could approach it a way that shows them that love has no limits. It's endless. Just because some people hold certain places in your heart, it doesn't mean there is no space for others.

5. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    .... One question; Have you had sex togheder?
    If not I do not think that you have to tell anyone... unless you want to.

6. ClovisCat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually am living with my grandparents right now so they have the power to kick me out whenever they want. I do want to tell them, but I definitely don't feel comfortable telling them. And no, I've not yet had sex with either of my partners. But sex is not going to determine whether I tell people I'm dating someone or not.

7. theMaverick

I support you and your poly-amorous relationship. I would like to do the same thing, but my girlfriend is generally opposed to it. As for telling people, just tell them, unless it will be harmful to your safety or well-being. There is nothing wrong with love, even if you love more than one person.