1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Progression

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Malchik89, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Malchik89

So yeah, last night from 8:00 PM to about 6:30 AM this morning, my friend Ariel and I did not get a wink of sleep because we were in the midst of our wonderful Preggers Marathon. Basically this is a marathon of movies that involve pregnancy in one way or another, So For Keeps, Juno, Spice World, Mr. Brooks and a few other things including a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls xD

Though that was awesome that is not why I am typing right now as we speak. So as the night begins, ariel mentions to me that one of her good friends patrick asked if i was gay. She of course said now, and started talking about how she was so shocked that he asked that cuz of how enormously straight i am. Thats when i started to do the "hehehe" chuckle, one that expresses something like "yeaaa thats what you think". She asked me what that chuckle was for, and i said for the thing you just said. She asked what thing, and i said the one about me being really straight. And yeah it unraveled itself from there, i came out to her during our Preggers Marathon. She was totally cool with it, she was just kind of upset that i didnt tell her sooner. I told her that this is a slow process and im just waiting for the time to be right to tell everyone. She said i was a really good actor, that i totally had her fooled that i was actually a straight boy. Guess im just that good xD

So yeah she thinks its great, and it was even better cuz we were totally expressing how hot all the guys looked during our movie viewing :slight_smile: This telling my friends one by one thing is just making me realize how much easier it gets with every person. They way i see it is, ill tell enough friends to gain enough experience in the matter to start telling my family. My sister is visiting from Cali in a week or two so i think i will tell her then. Yeah though, for all you guys struggling with this, realize that with every person you tell it just gets easier, way less scary, and i hope i can get to the point where i can face the big boss level that is my family.

2. Tim

Tim

Hehe, that sounds kinda cool o.o

Though, I coulda swore your Out Status used to say everyone, *shrug* XD

Yea, it does get easier, and that's one thing I can vouch for, at first I was petrified, then I told a friend the other day like it was "Pass the Salt" (She doesn't keep up w/ what's going on in friends lifes <_<)

Again, congrats for another one :wink:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You stayed up all night to watch Spice World, For Keeps, and Gilmore Girls with a female friend...and she thought you were "totally straight"? :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Malchik89

Yeah i mentioned that to her xD i thought i was throwing hints like out of my butt, but she just though i was affeminately straight

5. Jim1454

LOL! Kind of what I was thinking... a guy that stays up all night to watch a 'preggers marathon' is not - in my books - really straight!

Her 'gaydar' is totally non-existant apparently.

Congrats anyway.

6. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Lex, I love you.
    *snorts*

In the other hand, congrats on the coming out and yes, it Kinda gets easier everytime.

7. -Michael-

OMG i love Juno :grin:

Even if it did make me morbidly depressed....

I agree with the whole' it gets easier' thing..:slight_smile: