1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as trans

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lucina, Mar 24, 2014.

1. lucina

lucina Guest

Hey, my name is Lucina, but I was born Lucas. My family, especially my dad, has shown multiple times that they won't accept me as trans, but can accept me as bi. How do I come out as trans while retainign their love and affectiom?

2. katwat

Hi Lucina

I don't have any advice for you as it is out of my experience. I just wanted to wish you luck and to tell you to hang in there until someone on EC with experience finds your post and gives you some advice. Hopefully if your family is accepting of you as bi, given time they might come to accept you as trans as well.

I do hope that you get the love and support that you deserve.

3. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I find it extremely hard to believe that a parent would be so picky as to what part of their child they will accept. That seems so cruel. All I can say is that they will eventually come around. If they accept bisexuality, they'll eventually find it in their hearts to accept you as trans. After all, parents will love YOU regardless. Just tell them that it's still you, but this is how you truly feel. Nothing has changed.

4. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Hello Lucina, <3 I was born "Christopher" but my true name is Luna.. :slight_smile: It's a pleasure to meet you, sweetie.

5. lucina

lucina Guest

Wonderful to meet you too, Luna. Obviously, I'm Lucina, but I was born "Lucas". I'm not very clever D: