1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So done

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Destiel, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Destiel

Okay so this will be a long story but I really need some help!

Recently I came out to my family. They've been.. interesting. My brother calls me a faggot on a regular basis and constantly starts fights with me. I've become really depressed and I really don't want to relapse and resort to cutting again, I've gone without cutting for two years and I don't wish to go back down that road. The other nights things blew up. It resulted in a lot of hurtful words and me hating myself more than ever. My mom called me a shit daughter and that I've become a horrible person in the past month - aka when I came out to them. I was heart broken. My mom has turned my grandma and my brother against me and I feel so alone. My sister is the only one who is semi okay and she still is homophobic sometimes. I don't know what to do. I'm scared to be living in my house and my mom is trying to keep me away from friends because she knows that I'm going to them for help. I can't be isolated because I know that I will end up cutting again.

My mom has put me on medication to help me 'even out' and go back to who I used to be. She's trying to force me to disregard my sexuality and she keeps telling me its a phase. She constantly says that I'm not really pansexual and I'm just saying I am for attention. I'm hurt because, I love who I am and I was so proud to come out. And now, I feel ashamed of who I am. I feel that it would be better if I was just straight - and I hate that. I want to be happy again. My friends all hate my family and are keeping an eye on me because they're scared of what might happen. I'm terrified. My family is really unpredictable and I'm just scared.

They keep saying that if I am really christian that I wouldn't be pansexual. I feel horrible hearing them say I can't believe in something because of who I love. And you know, if God really hates people like me I wouldn't want to worship someone like that. My family and their 'religious' views are attacking me. And they aren't even religious! They're all atheists expect for me!

I'm so tired guys, and I just need help. I don't know what to do. I can't move out because I'm too young. I can't be in a house were I'm disregarded and put down for who I am. Please guys, I need someone to tell me what to do. :help:

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

My mum just told me today that I was not really bi or trans and I was just looking for attention......... Lols, some people are just insane!! Buddy, your not alone

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2014 at 06:23 PM ----------

I can't help much, I'm just some girl behind a computer screen..... But I can give you some simple advice based on what I know!!!

If I were you than I would get some support from people at school and online....I would talk to some high up school teachers about your feelings

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, never, ever be ashamed of who you are. You are a unique and valuable person and you don't deserve what your family is putting you through. Do you have any options to escape the stress for a while (any supportive friends or family members?)

As for the religious thing, they are talking rubbish and being hypocrites. Calling you a faggot and shit daughter are not exactly Christian qualities (they need to look at themselves before they judge you). God does not hate us!

Do you have any coping strategies, short of cutting to help you through this terrible situation. I'm sure it's incredibly hard for you, but it's better if you don't get back into cutting.

Keep talking to us.

4. Destiel

Most of my family members are either homophobic or don't know and I'm not close to them. My mom refuses to let me even go to friends houses most of the time anymore and I know if I left for a friends for a while just to take a break she'd flip out and probably call the cops or something. I do have coping strategies but they seem to be helping less and less because of just how bad things have become.

Thanks for your advice!

5. lucina

lucina Guest

Just wait until you can move out and get the fuck outta dodge, or just leave for a friends house. If they care, they'll come looking, and, if not, then good riddance. We're all here for you, girl.

6. Destiel

Yeah, I guess I'll need to. Thanks for the advice! (*hug*)

7. B B

B B

Be strong and never stop fighting for who you are. It is your right to be who you are, and they can't take this away for you! I know it's difficult, but just hold on until you can move out. Please don't cause any pain to yourself, your family is more than enough. If you need us, just write, we'll be here for you :frowning2: I'm sorry I can't do anything more!

8. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry that you have to go through with that (*hug*)..I can't imagine being in your shoes. I hope I can help you but I'm not really good at that and I really don't know what to say :frowning2: but I do wish that things will get better in time and that be strong always. We are here if you need to support or at least someone to talk to lessen the pain and burden.. (*hug*)