1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my teachers

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so in class we have to write down the most difficult experience in our lives. I want to put down the first time I came out to my mom. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea. I just want the teachers to know what I'm going through. (GayCJ :kiss: )

2. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personally, It's all up to you. My parent's are well aware, and i believe that the teachers dont need to know my personal life, they are there to teach, not to know me on a personal level and be friends. Not saying you can't do it, it's absolutely up to you, as a 13 year old gay teen, I'm still looking for support. I hope all goes well you and have a good day :slight_smile:

3. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i have been bullied alot and so i hope by telling them this will i hope help them understand why these mean things the bullies are saying to me always affect me so much

4. AmiBee

I am a teacher and am very supportive of students who come out to me. You have the right to express your feelings in writing just like everyone else. My senior year in high school, I came out indirectly to my teacher through a writing piece. She was supportive and this was in 1989!

5. Neo1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you have evidence your teachers are ok with gay people? Is there one particular teacher who you could trust and confide in to begin with?