1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just...lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Historyinhearts, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Historyinhearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've known I was different from the time I was in high school. Back then, I was in an off and on relationship with another girl for 3 years and for reasons I'd rather not get into when it finally went "off" for good, it didn't end well. I spent college scared that she was somehow going to come back and get angry. I had a friend who supported me through it all and in turn, I wound up supporting her through some difficulties she was facing at the time. 4 years later, I realized I loved her and confessed my feelings. Truthfully, I thought she felt the same way and I wanted so badly for it to work...but it didn't. I came out before I was ready in hopes that she would see it as a sign that I was serious about making it work but things didn't work out that way. Now, I'm just lonely. My best friend is gone because she can't accept my feelings for her and isn't willing to work past it even though I am. I work long hours so it's really hard to meet new people. I've also recently found out who my true friends are, as they're the ones who have stuck around. Most of them are still in college and even though I see the one local one every week or so I'm still lonely. I guess you could say I hate being kind of stuck but I guess that's where I am :icon_sad:

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I'll be your friend ^^

3. lucina

lucina Guest

Same here, man. We're all friends here. Sure, we may argue and bicker, but so do most friends :slight_smile: