1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to gay classmate...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChameleonSoul, Mar 26, 2014.

1. ChameleonSoul

So this morning someone in my painting class accidentally came out to my friend, along with myself, in a conversation. Unfortunately, I chickened out and never took this opportunity to show him that he's not alone out of fear that it would take away from him and that it would be inappropriate. Now I feel kind of guilty that I wasn't more empathetic...

Should I come out to him and tell him about my sexuality, just to show that there's someone else that he can talk to if he needs advice? Would it be inappropriate to do it now? While we aren't close friends, we talk to each other in lot in school and I could trust him with my secret. I just want other people's opinions and when I should bring it up if I do decide to tell him. Any ideas?

2. Rainbow Girl

I'd say it's probably a good idea and he might have some good advice for you too. Just be sure to mention to him that it's a secret.

3. ChameleonSoul

Do you have a good idea about when I should come out? Should I just roll with it and come out when the timing seems right? I DON'T KNOW! :help:

4. gayboy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    come out to him if you feel like you can truly trust him. good luck

5. Rainbow Girl

Do you have the kind of relationship where you could ask to talk to him at lunch? If so that might work.

6. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're close enough that it wouldn't be weird to just talk to him at lunch, then start a conversation with him and mention that you heard him come out, and that you want to let him know that he's not alone. If it would be weird, then maybe you can wait until another conversation comes up and jump in there.