1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the steps to getting over your best friend/crush?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lolo sime, Jul 21, 2008.

1. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What are the steps to getting over your best friend/crush? Without destroying the friendship?
    :confused:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Distance. I know you think you don't want to affect the friendship, but an alcoholic is gonna have some tough times getting over things if he works in a bar. You don't have to ditch your friend completely, but try to minimize contact for awhile. Don't text them every hour, or check to see if you got an e-mail from them every minute.

2. Stay active. When you're trying to get over someone, you'll have a void in your life. A void that needs to be filled. So go fill it. Get up, get out there, do something. Start an exercise program. Take some classes. Start volunteering somewhere. Take up a new hobby. Join a fun sports league. Get your home reorganized.

3. Stay social. Part of the void you'll have is due to simple social needs. We all need people to talk to, people to interact with. So start doing more of that. Strike up more conversations - at work, at school, wherever. Join some chat rooms. Start making more friends.

4. It's a process. Getting over someone isn't like losing weight. You can't chart your progress - "I'm 28% over him." Don't focus on "how over this person" you are. Focus instead on how your life is right now, and how best to improve your life.

Lex

3. Poring

The only thing I could suggest is that prolly the first few days will be the worst, but I tell you, it'll be worth it!

And I really suggest hanging out with other friends too. Do this for like a couple of weeks and soon you'll forget the guy, hopefully.

4. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

i like those steps, it'll help me a bit too to get over her someone who doesnt know herself too. i am moving to a different city so that too will help. right? i mean i still want to be friends and hang out because i care for her but i just dont want to think about her romantically 24/7.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I agree with Lex. If you follow these four things you should be fine. Yes, moving to a new city can definitely help you as well. It will allow you to concentrate on the new things in your life.

6. Mutilated Audio

Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally agree with lex. Those are some really good steps..
    I'm going to listen to his advice too..
    I have a crush on my best friend but I don't want to ruin the friendship either