1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was bisexual but I'm pretty sure I'm gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by trumpetnerd, Mar 28, 2014.

1. trumpetnerd

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So like the title says, I've identified as bi since 7th grade (I'm in 10th now) and just recently I've been thinking I'm gay. This could be a result of my bad breakup with my girlfriend, but I'm not sure. Also, the problem of coming out; I feel like people will just think I'm an attention whore if I suddenly switch from bi to gay. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys!

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I'm not a guy, I know:grin:
    Maybe you're some kind of homoflexible but you don't have to label!
    When the people you're coming out don't uderstand then you can't do anything than explaining to them. But it happened not yet so don't think about it too much:slight_smile:

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Labels don't really matter as long as you're comfortable with who you are. But even if it bothers you what people will think of "switching" labels... you aren't planning to roam around with a "GUESS WHAT EVERYONE, I'M GAY" sign attached to yourself are you? If you're already out as bi, I don't think it makes VERY much of a difference. The main bombshell for everyone is not being straight. You shouldn't trouble yourself so much with what people will think. I'm sure you know there's nothing wrong with being gay.

Also, if you think breaking up with your girlfriend is affecting your decision, you might want to wait for a while to see how you feel.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, it is a common transition for many people to go from identifying as bisexual to gay and some use the label bisexual as a stepping stone to discovering/revealing their true selves. Of course, not all us bisexual people do that, but for those who do, that's fine. I think you will find that most will not be too taken back by it and hopefully it shouldn't be an issue. I mean at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. The only one it really matters to is you.

Happy days :slight_smile: