1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bisexual but i don't know who to tell first

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by brandonj20071, Mar 29, 2014.

1. brandonj20071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need help i want to know who i should come out to first because i'm just really worried as being made an outcast. :tears:

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2014 at 08:28 AM ----------

i forgot to say i have a girlfriend but i have feelings about guys in my school :tear:

2. UnknownNerd

Keep this in mind as you ponder your question. What works for someone will not work for everyone. Everyone will have different coming out experiences. There is not catch all method on who to tell, when, and how.

Do you know any other any other lgbt people in your school? That's a great place to start. Most of them probably know what you're going through.

If you think your family would react well, and you have an open relationship with anyone in your family, that can be a great first coming out.

If you have a close friend you really trust, you can try talking to them.

Remember: It's the 21st century. Being lgbt is becoming more and more acceptable each day. There are still ignorant people. You may get some negative reactions. But you will find people who support and accept you!

Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to talk to someone you trust to be accepting the most. In my case, I told my mum first as I knew she would understand. Make sure they are in a good mood and so are you and you are somewhere comfortable. Also be prepared for possible questions they may ask. I always recommend practicing what you are going to say and how you may respond before coming out to help keep you at ease.

Once you have told that first person, then at least when you tell others, you have that person to fall back on for support if things don't quite go to plan.

Hope this helps...

Happy days :slight_smile:

4. nyxe

If you have any close friends that you know you can trust, I would recommend talking to them first. When I did it really boosted my confidence and made me feel a whole lot better about questioning my sexuality. If you think your parents will react well, then go to them if you're comfortable with that. Good luck :slight_smile:

5. brandonj20071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks for the advice i think ill tell my best friend when i see her on monday thank you again xxx

6. Stingray

Stingray Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    At 13 you don't need to be in a rush to tell anyone. Maybe you should wait until you feel more mature to handle it. But if you decide to tell your best friend on Monday, let us know how it went. :slight_smile:

7. brandonj20071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know that i shouldn't rush but im under allot of pressure because of it and my grades in school are going down dramatically and i need to tell at least one person to get rid of that pressure. And don't worry i'll let you all know how it goes xxxxx

8. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to tell someone I might start with your best-friend if you have one. And if you think your family is going to be accepting tell them. For some people their families are the first people that they tell and for others, they are the last.

The first person I told was my best-friend, who is also my roommate. I then my twin-sister, my Dad and one of my brothers.

I would also recommend talking to your girl-friend about it.