1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to this most important....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Radioactive Bi, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I've been thinking a lot lately about taking the plunge and coming out to the two other people closest too me, My dad and my ex-wife. Let me give some back ground...

My dad, is my absolute hero. He raised me and my brother by himself whilst having a full time job. He took care of everything for us, bought us all we needed, took is on nice holidays and was always there for us. He sacrificed so much, always working hard. On top of that he had MS. Even now, when he struggles to get out of bed and can barely walk, he still helps me, giving me lifts and picking up my kids when I'm stuck. He has also helped me financially when I decided to go back to uni. So as you can gather, I have more live and respect for him than any other (bar my kids of course who are on the same level).

My ex-wife is still one of my very best friends. Despite all we have been through, we still get on brilliantly. We share the kids equally (really is 50/50) and we still all spend the weekends together as a family. The difficulty here is she can be a bit fiery and temperamental. I don't hold it against her. She has been through a lot and lost most of her family. Her mother and father are both gone and her half brothers and sisters are spread around the world. The boys and I are the only family she has, and I will always live her, and she will always be a part of my family.

So here is my dilemma. I love both of these people dearly. I have a great relationship with both if them and I'm worried about things changing if I tell them. I think my dad would probably be ok. He's not religious and is fairly liberal. I think my wife would have a knee jerk reaction, but would come around. I may be totally wrong though and everything will be ok. :shrug:

I'm just so nervous about it. Sorry for the long post. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Happy days :slight_smile: