1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey all

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gloomy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. gloomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all I recently come out of the closet im gay and I will put up my story as id like to get peoples opinions on it bit it will take a while to type lol my main questions is what were peoples emotions and moods like after comming out.
    I first come out to my sister (who is also gay) on a saturday night then to my parents on the monday night I felt soo relived and was in cloud nine/amazingly happy for nearly a week then on the friday night I decided to publicly announce on Facebook that I was gay ane ive had nothing but support from everyone and not a single bit of negativity which is great but come Saturday night I seemed to fall into a dark place and was verry depressed and all day Sunday I went to work on Monday and everything was fine there and just as I started getting back to my usual self I suddenly got down again it hit me like a train this time out of nowhere I went home early and had the rest of the week of to sift through my emotions and get my head in order I feel like my normal self at the moment but I have these moments randomly where I eather feel depressed or anxious but as days go by they become less and less just wondering if anyone els went through similar emotions its being just over a week since I came out public with it and 2 weeks since I first started comming out

thanks for taking the time to read this and look foward to peoples thaughts and opinions

2. Milhouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, welcome to the site. So lonely here with no responses, heh! ><

I'm sure a lot of us can relate to the mental challenges that can come even after coming out. The time right after coming out can be truly the best, but there can definitely be the 'cooling down' phase where it really settles in and you grow a bit more accustomed to it, and you might not be sure if that's a good thing or not, hah.

Hope you get the support and friendship you need here though. Welcome again. :slight_smile:

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey, sup! welcome!

yea, i went through a bit of my depression phase when i came out the closet. it seemed all too surreal when i finally get to be honest with myself and my family for a change. it settled in after a long while and i guess i'm relieved and calm as usual. it takes a toll mentally after living a lie for a while.
    i'm glad you got the support you needed and hopefully more in the way. keep the fight going :slight_smile:

4. gloomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks fellas