1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only a few people left...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Neko Daemon, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Neko Daemon

Okay, first. Sorry about not being online. I don't have a computer, and my phone keeps acting up and won't charge properly.

So, anyway. To the point. Last Wednesday, I slipped in study hall and fell headfirst out of my bright and colourfully painted closet hideout. (I said that exact sentence to my mum and she replied with "Well, I hope that you didn't get a concussion from your gay fabulousness." I swear, sometimes I don't know whether she amuses me or annoys me. She apparently thought that I was a lesbian anyway, so... xD)

It was all girls, they were freaking out about prom, and they were bothering me and asking stupid questions even though I had a migraine and was half-asleep. One of those happened to be 'Do you like boys?' and I was stupid enough to answer instead of ignoring them as usual. Lots of interesting facial expressions and comments came afterwards.

So, 8-12th grade found out within a few hours thanks to the small Christian academy being full of gossip and such. I thought everyone would be a jerk because of the whole religious thing since there were so many fights and debates in Bible class. Instead, the worst thing that I got was "You're the girl that freaks out whenever anyone claps or raises their voice or anything, yet you're brave enough to be openly out in a Christian school?" from a 10th grade boy in Biology.

So, now. ~

"Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies" has turned into Well, that rumour spread quickly... '-' for my out status.

All that I have left to tell is the rest of my family, so... *crosses fingers*

Haha, It's actually nice to be out, even though I'm still a little nervous about the "Christian" part of it. Seriously though, most of the responses I've gotten were just questions about the different kinds of sexualities and gender expressions, which really isn't too bad. That's just fine with me to be honest, so I haven't come across anything horrible about letting other people know yet. I might actually enjoy this. ~^_^~

(Just one thing about that though, a lot of people think that heterosexual and homosexual are the only two options. Only three people added bisexual, and one added pansexual. It's kind of irritating to keep explaining that there are other sexualities, but I have a lot of patience, so as long as they're not jerks about it I'm okay with going over it all a lot. As for the gender identity questions, only the transgender boy in 8th grade knew any besides male and female. I'm glad that I'm one of those two so that I only get half of the questions that I would. -_-)

Now I just need to think of a way to come out to my family. Because of this all, I'm not as afraid of doing so as I was. Do any of you have suggestions for how I can do that?

2. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I havent come out to many ppl yet myself. But congrats! And I hope everything goes well when u tell ur parents :slight_smile: