1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom found naked man on my Computer

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Roofie, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Roofie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently my mom confronted me about a picture of a naked man she found while snooping through my computer (She found it in the recycle bin), I lied and said I didn't know what she was talking about (lame excuse, I know). She refuses to believe that I don't know about it. She's constantly demanding to know why I was looking at those kinds of pictures. I want to come out to her but I get too nervous every time I try. I also made the mistake of coming out publicly before telling my mom so it will eventually get back to her (she doesn't use facebook). So my question is should I let it get back to her or should I tell her myself?
    Also, is coming out via text a bad idea? Thanks in advanced.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think at this point, since she essentially already knows, you should just tell her. Nothing wrong with telling her via text. If you want to give her a little time to calm down, you could do so while at school and then talk to her when you come home :slight_smile:

3. IG88

Oops! I was studying the male anatomy and...yeah no. I can't think of any excuse out of it, your mom probably can't make up any valid excuse for it except possibly a curiosity thing with comparing yourself to other guys.

So, at this point, would you rather she found out that you are gay from a stranger or from yourself? You might as well tell her in person, or at least in letter. Not text. Also, please refrain from looking at those pics, but at the very least be more careful. Don't want this happening again now do we? And possibly invest in a password for the computer :wink:

4. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I came out to over 800 people over text once, sure you can do it over text if you need to!!