1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on my Gay Best Friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gabeh, Mar 31, 2014.

1. gabeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I have a sort of weird situation... I think I've got a crush on my gay best friend. He's an awesome guy. Somebody who I could see myself with for a long time. We enjoy a lot of the same things and have been friends for years. It's awesome. There's a few things though. Firstly, he doesn't know I'm gay. I know, how could he be my best friend? I guess I'm just nervous about what he'll think or say, as well as how soon it would get around to everybody else that I'm out. Second, he's going out with somebody already. I'm jealous (is that healthy?) because I feel like this new guy is getting a lot of attention for them knowing each other for just three weeks. Help? :help:

2. superspyguy

superspyguy Guest

1. It sounds like you should tell him you're gay! A good best friend will keep the hush hush as long as you need, and you should trust him for that, unless you just know he's the kind of guy who spills everything. Either way, his words will most definitely be supportive.

2. The jealously is not healthy, but it is normal. Tell your best friend, and maybe you two will start seeing each other :slight_smile:--or not! But you must tell him to find out.

3. jaywhiskey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Come out to him. You have the perfect person to come out to who will understand.

4. gabeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Unfortunately, he is the type that would need to spill to somebody (I know him too well)... We both live in small towns so it would be something like this: I would break down outside of town and word of it would get back to town before I did. Thanks for the responses though! :slight_smile: