1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nessarose, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those of you who don't know me-- Hi! I'm Nessa! Those of you who do know me may know most of my story so far.

For the longest time, I had a suspicion that I may like women. Like, practically since I was 5 or 6. I had a really hard time coming to terms with it, but I finally did last week. Now, as some of you may know, I'm not out, save one person, but she moved the day I told her. (I told her as a parting gift.) I'm waiting to tell anyone until I talk to my sister-- my former best friend.

I used to be super close to her, but I moved to a different state about four years ago, and we've become rather distant as of late. I love her dearly, but I have no idea how I'm going to tell her. It may not be for a while. Although I'd love to talk to her pronto, I think it'd be best if I told her in person. That's probably not going to happen for about another year. =/

What I'd like to ask of you all is for your help. I rarely talk to her on the phone, so I believe that's a bad idea, so how exactly should I bring it up to her when I finally do see her? She's 21 and pretty much everything I'm not, so nowadays, I get nervous even talking on the phone with her.

If you guys have read this entire thing, I thank you very much.
    You all are wonderfully beautiful people. Anything you can give me will be a huge help. Love you all.:kiss:(*hug*)