1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Help would be... Helpful!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perfection, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Perfection

Does anyone have any coming out advice? I've been wanting to come out for a couple months, but I'm really scared. I don't think that most of the people around me will understand. Also, I know that my family will be supportive, but I don't want my parents to make a big deal about, which I know my mom will. And, I recently asked one of my friends to prom. I am attracted to her, but I don't know how she would react to knowing that I am not 100% straight. Any advice or comforting words would be very helpful!

2. ChainsrGone

My number one thing to tell people is to talk to those who you know will be supportive first. That way, you have people on your side if and when you run into those who are not so supportive.

3. Perfection

Thank you! I'm starting a list in my mind of people who will be supportive and who I can trust. The biggest thing for me is that I want to come out to my friends before I graduate high school next year, so I'm just trying to find the right moment and to build some confidence!

4. ChainsrGone

Having a good support system is a definite way to build confidence. The first person I told was someone that I knew without a doubt would support me 100% and her being accepting and supportive of it helped me gain courage to tell others. When I get a negative reaction from someone, she always had something positive to say that would help me not take the rejection so hard.