1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How?!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NewGirl24, Apr 2, 2014.

1. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I identify as bisexual, but I definately love me some ladies :slight_smile: I have never told anyone and I really don't plan to. I feel ashamed and like I will dissapoint a lot of people for some reason. I really do want to be open and have healthy relationships and I cant do that if I'm hiding who I really am. I don't know who to tell first or if I should say anything at all. My self esteem is just at an all time low right now. I don't know what to do first or who to tell. How do I tell anybody? Will it change things with my family? With my friends? Ah... too many questions. Any answers help :slight_smile:

2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoever you tell first, make sure it is someone you are close to and can trust to be accepting and understanding. That way at least you have support in place when you tell others.

When you tell people, try to catch them in a good mood and somewhere comfortable. You are more likely to get a more positive reaction that way. I also advise you try and work it into conversation. If you say to someone, something like "sit down, we need to talk" it gives them the impression is some drastic news which can put them on edge.

The final thing I always advise, is be prepared to answer their questions. Try and think what they may ask you so you can be prepared with responses, which will make the conversation easier. It's even worth practicing a couple of times what you want to say so you don't hesitate too much and come across unsure.

Hope this helps,

Happy days :slight_smile:

3. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you think it would be weird if I told my lesbian friend first? I feel really comfortable and she would get it, or will it seem like I'm only coming onto her? I don't want to make things weird. What do you think?

4. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Anyone else please?

5. AmiBee

I think it is perfectly fine to come out as bi to your lesbian friend. I don't know why she would think you're coming onto her unless those are the signals you're giving. I'm sure that she will be able to be supportive of you. Good luck.

6. Manta

I think its fine to tell your lesbian friend. If you're worried about confusion, just reaffirm your friendship. "I felt I could come to you because you are a really good friend and I knew you would be accepting," is the sort of thing you could say to make it clear that while you value her as a friend, you aren't looking for more.

I just told my sister casual when we were alone together in the car. She was relay a conversation to me between her and my mom about when I would start dating guys, and I just said "never." It was a quick decision, but I just grabbed the opportunity. Coming out doesn't have to be a big production where you sit someone down and have a long talk for two hours explaining how you feel. You can plan it out by writing a letter and handing that to someone, or spur of the moment like I did. What it comes down to is what makes you feel the most comfortable.

I understand completely how you feel about letting people down. Finding an outlet will do wonders for stress, and for me who is a singer, one song that I really felt for was 'Reflection' from the Disney movie 'Mulan'. You can find the karaoke on youtube and sing it to your heart's content!

7. NewGirl24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much! Everyone is so nice here! I'm glad I have a place like this to vent. I don't know what I would do without EC :slight_smile:))