1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tier2, Apr 3, 2014.

1. tier2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm going to a wedding with my sister in a couple week and we are going to be by ourselves. While we are away from any family I want to cme out to her. She is pregnant so I don't know if I should. Also, she is kind of bad at hiding secrets but I think she can keep it tight lipped if I beg her too. We have a good relationship and usually tell each other everything. How do I go about telling her I'm gay? How do I avoid sexual question like my position, turn ons, misc things. I think I'm too scared to think clearly. I really need help with this.

2. SleepyT

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you think your sister will be accepting? If you trust her, and you know that she will love you regardless, then I don't know what her being pregnant has anything to do with it. When my brother came out to me, we were just sitting around having a glass of wine (just the two of us....he was visiting from out of state), and he said, "So, I've been seeing someone for about six months." And I was like, "What? You've been seeing someone for six months and you haven't told me yet? Who is she?" And he said, "It's a he."

To say that I was shocked, was an understatement. Seriously, it was the absolute last thing that I expected to come out of his mouth. But he said, "You can go ahead and ask any questions that you want." Which I proceeded to do. I'm not gonna lie. I cried for about 3 days. Not because he was gay, but simply because it hurt me to think that people were going to look at him differently or not be accepting of him. Expect her to possibly have an emotional reaction....unless, of course, she already suspects.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    approach it REALLY carefully, especially if a woman is pregnant. yea, think of how she might receive it, you both have all the time to talk to each other at your own discretion until you're ready to come out with other family members. if you firmly believe she will receive it well then by all means go ahead. you can always talk with her and help her understand that you want to do this yourself. it's your decision. i think the last thing a sister would think is sexual positions from her brother. i know my sister was a bit shocked. a few days later after i told her and my cousin, they honestly asked me what kind of guys i liked because they have no clue what the hell i'm into. it was quite funny but in all cases, don't be scared. siblings are supposed to look after each other.

4. charmander

It all depends on how the situation is at the time of the wedding.

If everything seems okay take it real so and gently especially if she's pregnant and if you really emphasise the value of it she most likely won't tell anyone.

Don't expect anything to be set in stone different people take it differently, so take your time evaluate the situation and choose your timing/dialogue well