1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of A Stupid Question, But I'm Asking Anyways

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

I was messaging my friend through myspace. And we were talking about how my one friend has negelected to call me over the summer break. She's messaged me a few times, but I prefer to talk to people in person or over the phone. I'm old fashioned that way.

So, I said "I would call her, if I had her number". My friend messages me back with her cell and home phone number.

So, what I'm saying is...Would it make me seem stalkerish and/or creepy if I called her? She never gave me her phone number, I should probably ask through a myspace message first, but, I honestly don't know.

2. I don't think that's weird if she's your friend. If it was some random person from myspace, or like, a friend of a friend, then yeah, that would be weird. If you've had a fight or something maybe message her, but otherwise, I think it's fine to just give her a call.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on how close a friend you are, I think. Have you ever had her number? Have you ever talked on the phone? If so, then go ahead. If not, a message by myspace might be warranted.

Lex

4. -Michael-

Just do it....if shes asks just tell her you got it from your friend....

then ask to do something...

5. Trumpetplyer23

I mean, at one time, we were really close, but I told her I had a crush on her and she freaked.

She accepted my myspace friend request and she often talked to me. Just, sometimes, she's really weird and distant. I don't have those feelings for her anymore. It's just, weird..I mean, I probably should have asked for her number like, last year, but I didn't. I don't ask for a lot of people's numbers. I just want to talk to her, 'cause she's kind of bad about answering myspace messages.

6. SkyTears

just be like (on myspace). 'hey is it okay if i called? i'm going to guess if i don't get an answer back that it okay.' if she is bad at responding to messages. but that kind of makes it sound forceful to me so maybe not =/

7. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are just like that, you have to be direct otherwise they won't bother. Just call her and worry about the consequences later

8. Leigh

Leigh Guest

if your not calling in a weird/stalkerish way, then its not weird.. and if she thinks that it is then shes the one with a problem..
    + at the end of the day whether its myspace/on the phone its still talking.. and if she msgs you back then shes not unopen to conversation,
    if shes bad at msging back then calling her means thats not a problem.
    id say go for it :grin:

9. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well honestly, I'd say call her. I met this guy on vaccation this past year and talked to him for all of a day and a half. I ment to grab his number before I left but things got hectic and I couldn't. I get a text 2 days later from him. He had asked one of my friends who was staying longer than me for my phone number. I didn't have a problem with it so yeah. You should be good.

10. Derek the Wolf

I'd go ahead and call her. It's not creepy until you call her more often than she wants to talk to you. It wouldn't hurt to message her first, but if you interact better with people in a real conversation, then that's what you need to do. I have the same problem, I hate messaging on the interwebs, etc. When you talk in person, you can really read what a person is saying.

11. beyondken

Call and just explain how you said "I would call her, if I had her number" and got given it. Or, if you're really in doubt, go the message, but unless she's made it clear she'd have a problem with friends passing on her details to other friends, it should be cool. It's certainly less stalkerish than snooping around in directories, and those tend to be public – available to anyone, not just friends with good intentions.

12. Trumpetplyer23

Well, I don't know if it changes anything, but they guy who gave me her number stole it from his ex-girlfriend (who is friends with this girl) at his birthday party.

He stole it for me....And there were other people at the party that were offering to give me her number. Some were even telling me it out loud. The one girl (the guy who gave me the number's ex-girlfriend) had a problem with it. I think she thought I would stalk this girl or something...but whatever. At the party I didn't write it down.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do all these people want you to contact her? :slight_smile:

Lex

14. Trumpetplyer23

Honestly, I have no clue, I mean, people that didn't even know what happened between us...want me to contact her. It's, odd. And kind of creepy. I think stuff like this is the reason why I don't give my number out to a lot of people.

Thanks for the help, Lex.

15. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah hun with all this going on maybe you should just message her and be like: hey i'm kinda old fashioned and prefer to talk on the phone. You think maybe I could have your number and we could talk that way? If not that is fine and we can just message.

Just keep it simple and let her know that it isnt the end of the world if she doesnt want to give you her number. It'll ward off that stalker sensation.