1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm stuck...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Asher4heart, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I live in this little town where no one out of 'society norm' is accepted. I have come out to a few people I'm close to and can trust. But honestly I would be killed if I came out fully in this town. I don't have anyone around here I can talk to. I have my straight friends but they just don't really understand everything. I've never been able to date because everyone around here is so stuck on themselves. I've had several internet relationships, but I'm getting tired of the nonsense. I just get so lonely around here (just someone to relate to in general not relationships necisarily). It just makes me feel helpless. Anybody have any advice...anything that might lift my spirits. Thanks a lot.

2. Derek the Wolf

I know where you're coming from. The sad truth is, you have two options. You can either make friends outside your little town (I go to school 45 minutes away from where I live, so that was the better option for me), or you will have to do with straight friends and save real dating until college. I'm sure there are gay people in the town where you live, but they're probably having a hard time coming out, just like you. If your high school has a GSA, I'd look in to joining that. Finding truly accepting friends (who aren't necessarily gay) may take some time, but make the effort. You'll find someone to talk to. Don't let it bother you if you lose a few friends because you're different, the friends who stick with you will become even closer, and you'll discover just who you can trust and who you can't.

Hope this helps! PM me if you want to talk.

3. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thnx. I can't pm yet because I just joined today -__-. But honestly there are gay guys. but heh. girls yeah that is a joke. And no there isnt a club liek that. They murder people liek me and then cover it up. I'm not kidding i've seen it done.

4. Derek the Wolf

Rough. You should be able to send messages (I'm not a full member and I can). Anyway, when girls are coming out often other girls will disregard it as nothing and you can't get any real support, just the negative side of things. Male social patterns are a little different (if you don't assert how straight you are every minute people will assume you're gay). Try talking to the gay guys. They may not completely understand your situation, but they should have an idea of what you're going through, and they can help.

5. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah maybe. I'm almost out tho. I just have my senior year left. And i'm not sure the guyz know anything because they are all flaming ><. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE HERE. I DIDNT MEAN IT THAT WAY SORRY!!! but liek. they don't worry about what people think. I can only hope it gets better in college

6. Derek the Wolf

If they're flaming, they had to come out at some point. And they do worry about what people think, when they came out they probably lost a lot of friends and experienced a lot of hurt. The thing is, once you're out, you can express what you really feel. That's what they're doing.

This site is a great place to get your feelings out in the open. And depending on where you go to college, it will probably be much better. Best of luck until then!

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling lonely and have no one to whom you can talk to. Do you live far from a larger city where you might be able to attend a few meetings of GLBT groups or any other support groups? That might help in getting to know a few new people.

Generally speaking it will get better at college. Most colleges have support groups that welcome new members anytime where you will be able to find a few people to whom you can talk to and will understand you.

For the time being, try to confide in your friends as much as you can. Hope it will turn out alright for you. But please keep in mind that you are not alone. If you need to talk or need support please feel free to post as much as you need to. Of course you are also more than welcome to pm any of the four EC advisors (Biloved86, Lexington, MeskElil and myself) if you want to talk more privately. EC is here to help.

Hope this helps!