1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drugs? How does everyone feel

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WhiteFox, Jul 23, 2008.

1. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I dont expect everyone to feel the same as I do with drugs...After all not everyones family has a horrible past with the stuff. That being said one of my best friends recently ditched me to go chill wit someone else.. we had plans but thats cool I'm fine wit that. He says they went to the movies but another source told me he was smoking pot...I didn't even believe him for a second but he swore up and down he did. we both have each other's Myspace info and i snooped a little and sure enough...He did it...I was in shock and I know I have no right to read his things but...lieing and drugs...I dropped him completely to see how he reacts. I hope he apologizes cus I really want him back...But I cant show weakness. Not after what he did..sry this is kinda depressing but I just wanted to "speak aloud" so to speak Does anyone back me up or have I screwed up big time??

#1 WhiteFox, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

You did the right thing bro. If he really values your friendship then he would be willing to stop smoking pot I mean it's for his good anyway. If he says he's sorry but keeps on doing it then he's pretty much choosing pot over his best friend which is pretty fcked up. And yea, let him make the move don't show you want him back or anything. Because if he sees that you can't afford to lose him he'd just keep doing it cuz he knows youd come back no matter what.

3. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

Well it depends. if he ditches u all the time to smoke pot than u did the right thing but if it was the first time he did it than u should like give him another chance. i use to smoke pot, i dont anymore, but i didnt do it in excess. but i never let pot get in the way of my friends. u really should give him another chance, really.

4. It's a no brainer for me: you do drugs you're off my book.

No respect, nor tolerance.

I know it's harsh, but that's the way I was brought up when it comes to the subject. It doesn't mean I'll hate the person, I'll just begin to distance myself from them.

5. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

That is what i would have done. As long as dropping him completely included telling him that you know and why your not going to put up with that stuff. I have no tolerance for people who use drugs or alcohol.

#5 tylerksub, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  6. grapevine fires

I am neutral towards drugs. I do drugs, and I enjoy doing them, but I don't like to see people ditching other people for drugs. Granted it happens, and it happens a lot, where these people slowly move away from their non-drug user friends to their drug user friends. I did that, but I still keep several close ties to the non-drug using community.

This happens, and sometimes it's time to move on. If he does it frequently, just accept what your friend values and get new friends who accept what you value, and who value you too. There's not much you can do, it's their lifestyle choice.

7. silentsound

It depends. I am not a fan of drugs, but I know I have friends who do them. It depends, I have a friend who just turned into kind of a pot head and wasn't really fun to hang out with anymore. I think in that situation it is time to walk away, it's really not worth your while. I have another friend who totally got herself into personal trouble (she thought she might be pregnant age 13) through drug use, I couldn't abandon her. I tried to save her, but I had to realize that she had to save herself, but I still couldn't abandon her. See where your friend is going. If he keeps ditching you for pot, well that's not the kind of friend you want anyway.

8. Mind Freak

You don't have to drop him completely!
    One of my best friend's is a pot head. Lol.

He's still really cool and fun to hang out with; I just learned to accept that as part of him even though I'm a goody goody.

I trust him in my house and he doesn't smoke around me or really anyone else who isn't cool with it.

So maybe your friend wanted to smoke but still show some respect for you in the sense that he thought you might be uncomfortable, so he just found someone else and left you hanging?

I don't know.
    You would have to ask him yourself why he just ditched you.

It happens sometimes. :slight_smile:

9. Rette

Well, if you're talking about pot in specific, I don't really have much of a problem with it. I've always looked at pot in the same way as alcohol; social use, no problem. Abuse is another matter, but that's got more to do with the person than the substance.

10. Hydrogen

I would drop him too, however I would give him another chance if he was truly sorry.
    However, if you are around me, don't be high or 5 sheets to the wind. I give people one chance to get back on my good side, or goodbye forever. I can't have someone else being irresponsible reflect negatively on me.

11. -Michael-

Weed isnt that big of a deal.

Its got such bad media presentation...

Just like teenagers (obvious differences)

But its nothing MASSIVE.

I used to do it...
    me and my friends...nothing special about it

I just stopped because i relised needing weed to have a fun time is a sad way to live.

My friends stopped with me.
    No1 can be bothered now (or afford it).

#11 -Michael-, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  12. Trumpetplyer23

Personally, I don't like drugs. For many reasons. I'll explain.

First, they destroy your mind, body, and soul. Drugs wreak havoc on your body, because of all the toxic chemicals. The mind gets addicted, as well as the body. The soul suffers from the body and mind suffering.

Second, like I've said, addiction. Once you get addicted, most of the time, there's no letting go of the drug, it runs your life and you have no control over it. Even if you break the mental addiction, the body still expects the drug.

Third, I have a friend. His dad is a crack addict who skips out on child support payments. He wrote to the show "Intervention" to get him help, but they never answered him or gave his dad help. Even worse, this same friend, enjoys to smoke a joint every once in awhile. I'm afraid he'll fall into the addictive patterns like his dad.

Fourth, a relative of mine, years and years ago, was a great hockey player. He was so good, that certain universities here were offering FULL SCHOLARSHIPS to play hockey. He could have been in the NHL (National Hockey League). Instead, he threw his life away dealing and using drugs.

If there's anyone out there suffering from addiction, I always hope they can get help. Just because of the effects of the drugs. It's horrible.

As for me doing drugs, um, no. I don't want to destroy my body with any foreign substance. My only real addiction is Diet Coke. Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco are not my thing and I don't want to put any of them in my body.

13. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thx everyone. your advice affects my decisions

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I try not to pass judgment on anybody who does anything. I've had a couple friends get addicted to meth, and did try to pull them off that (successfully), but other than that, I leave that up to them. My only request is that I tend not to like being around people under the influence of anything - be it alcohol, pot, or anything else. So I ask they not do it when I'm there, or let me know that they ARE doing it so I can choose to not be there. They've all been cool with that.

Lex

15. biisme

Luckily, none of my friends are involved in drugs or anything. However, if they were, the first thing I would find out is why they're doing drugs. Also, how often. If it's a once in a while thing, and they're doing just to get a good feeling every now and then, then I will leave them alone, and tell them I don't want to hear about. Or see it. As long as it's kept to themselves, and they're not abusing it, or using more than every once in a while, I'll let them be.

If I were to find out they're using it to escape problems, or using too much, (When I say once in a while, I mean like 2 times a year), I would most likely try and get them stop. If I couldn't get them to stop, I would tell them that i can't hang around with them, but I will be there when they realize the bad choices they are making. I'll always be there to help them back up again.

16. Mmmike

I feel very strongly against drugs. I think that they are terrible.

17. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I wouldn't have dropped him, I would've talked to him and tried to get him to stop either directly or indirectly. I know people who've used drugs, and many times they have a deep story behind everything. In my opinions, there are two kinds of drugs, white and black drugs(Good and Bad). As with everything, white drugs may become black with over use and abuse, alcohol being one of them, marijuana being another, prescription medicine; there are several that fall into this category. Black drugs are drugs I feel that destroy people even without abuse and are horrible, horrible things(Like ecstasy and Meth).

18. otc877

otc877 Guest

It's gotten to the point where I no longer pass judgment on people who choose to do drugs, it's their life and it's their responsibility/discretion to do whatever they please. With that being said, I'm not the biggest fan of drugs, I can tolerate it within my friends (a good friend likes her drugs a little more than she should) but if it ever got to the point where somebody would blatantly choose drugs over me, then I'd have a problem.

So, yes. I think you were justified in whatever action you took. If you feel that it's a friendship worth perusing, maybe you should talk to him and explain to him why it's messed up.

19. Derek the Wolf

If you feel that strongly about the subject, I think you reacted well. If he ditched you, lied about it, and was doing drugs all in one go, I think dropping him was the right thing to do. If he wants to act like a jerk or self destruct, let him, but don't let him drag you in with him. That said, I'd try to encourage him to stop doing drugs, not cut him loose. If he ignores you, then drop him.

20. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Personally, I wouldn't approve of it, but I wouldn't break up a good relationship because of it. Like stated above, if he ditches you for smoking pot, just ditch him. He isn't worth it. I would just accept that hes smoking pot (stubbornly) and tell him to count me out on that stuff.

"What you do is your own thing, not mine."