1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling the girlfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Will2M, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Will2M

My girlfriend and I have been dating 9 months (today!) and we have been very happy together. I realized finally accepted that I was bisexual about a month ago and came out to two people. Now I am wondering if I should tell my girlfriend. She is supportive of gay marriage and gays rights but I am scared shitless telling her about this because it might change our relationship somehow. I want to be open and honest with her but...

What should I do? Is there anyone else who has been in this position?

2. Perfection

If she is supportive, then I think you should tell her. You don't want to keep a relationship going on lies. Hopefully, she will accept you.

3. 101confused

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have a question. I am straight and in a relationship with a man that I suspect is gay but has never come out per say. My cousin is gay and we are inseparable and I am close to all of his friends. My fiance's behaviors, wording, mannerisms, even stories he tells me relate to gay men at one time or another. I talked to him about it and he said i dont have to worry about anything but I am worried.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2014 at 11:38 AM ----------

I am in a relationship with a man that I suspect is bisexual as well. I would love it if he told me he was without me having to worry whether some day I will have to worry about him telling me he is leaving me for a man. I love him to pieces but I want honesty. Because you are bisexual doesnt mean that you will cheat on your girlfriend it only means you are honest about your sexual preferences. I have had extensive conversations with my fiance and all his stories lead me to believe he is bi as well but he keeps assuring me he is straight. I wouldnt love him any less

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    101confused,
    I would start a new thread so you can get answers that are pertinent to your question.

Will,
    I would tell your girlfriend, you don't want to keep on having a relationship with information that is being witheld. I highly doubt it would change your relationsip. If she is highly supportive as you say she is, then go for it dude!

5. Stingray

Stingray Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Will,
    Since you've already revealed yourself to others, you should tell your gf. Better to hear it from you than from someone else. You may be afraid of her reaction, but she needs to hear it from you. Good luck!

6. GayDadStr8Marig

Will,see my reply to your thread in general support as well. Regarding your girlfriend, I have to say honesty is the only way to have a real relationship with her. If it means that you can only be friends, then you are both better off knowing that now, not after you've dated for years, gotten married, had kids, and then finally deal with the reality of who you are.

7. Ditz

Hi Will

You should tell her. A relationship is built on trust and you would want your relationship to have a solid foundation so sharing this very important part of yourself with her is extremely important.

When you tell her it might also be a good idea to point out that you are monogamous and that being Bi simply means you find both sexes attractive and that it doesn't mean you have to have relationships with both to be happy, after all you've picked her.

It's obviously something that is putting stress on you so tackle this head on and everything else will fall into place.

#7 Ditz, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014