1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I keep getting stuck....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Straw_berry, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Straw_berry

I really want to come out to my parents, but I keep missing the perfect oprotunity to tell them, Nyu~ I don't know why I'm so nervous, the words just get stuck in my throat every time I try to say something, my parents aren't super religious, though I don't know their stance on LGBT stuff Nyu~

Why do I keep doing this, what's the best way to work it into a conversation instead of blurting it out, or is it better just to blurt it out and get it over with Nyu~? Also there's a problem with my dad, I don't he would support me at all if I came out as Trans he's always moody around me if I don't act like him *sigh* It feels like I'm stuck at an impasse Nyu~

2. Yosia

Im like this too!! I always saying to myself 'i will wait until an opportunity arises' but then i just blank the best opportunities possible!! >.< And about your dad, if your mum supports it then she could talk to him?

I know this is like no help~ >.<

3. Straw_berry

That might work, though I still don't know how he would react and I'm really worried about that Nyu~

4. Kat 5

Kat was wondering this too. She thinks that blurting it out would make her parents go wild with anger.
    I think puting it into a conversation would be good. But I don't know my parent's standpoints either.

5. thrnvlpidj

Rather than blurting it out try to bring some LGBT issues into your discussions. You will get an idea of how accepting your parents will be and it will give your parents the opportunity to consider the possibility you're not straight.

6. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you write it? I know you might feel better saying it to them, but a carefully worded letter with all of your thoughts, feelings, emotions included might work.

7. katwat

I agree with both thrnvlpdj and Linco. Feeling out your family on LGBT issues first would give you some idea of their possible reactions. Also writing a coming out letter might help organize your thoughts and could even be used as a backup to a planned conversation.

You could write the letter, read through it, make some edits if you feel you did not express yourself the right way, and really just get your words the way you want them. When you have it the way you want it and have figured out your possible reception from your parents you will have a better idea of who to come out to, how to go about it, when a good time to do it would be, etc. If you get to the moment you plan to tell them and you just can't get the words out you could hand them the letter and say "can we talk after you read this?"

I hope you get the love, acceptance and support that you deserve. Good luck to you.

8. Kat 5

Ooohh.ooohhh. I has idea. I'm going to do my letter(if I write one) in poetry.

9. Straw_berry

Poetry's a good idea, maybe I should write a song Nyu~

10. mindfulgenius

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe don't come out if you feel like you're going to be in danger because of your dad but maybe he just wouldn't understand. But who's saying that he wouldn't understand? He could understand.
    But then again, if you feel ready, let nothing stop you! It's hard to find the perfect time... I'm having the same problem but sometimes there isn't a perfect time and you just have to go with it.
    For me, when I came out to my best friend, I MADE it the perfect time. We were sat down, together and I came out. I didn't wait for what I thought was the perfect time, I just said it ahaha :slight_smile: