1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice badly.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by disneyfan, Apr 6, 2014.

1. disneyfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm coming out on Tuesday to my best friend and I'm nervous as hell about it. I'm afraid that when I tell her, she'll think I'm a freak and not speak to me again. If anyone has any advice for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.:help:

2. B B

B B

My best friend was the first person I came out to, and I was really nervous too. I was afraid she would never talk to me again, or follow some homophobic prejudices and think that, just because I was a lesbian, I was going to jump on her at the first chance. But, in all these worries, I forgot the most important thing: she was my best friend and she loved me. And she accepted me without problems :slight_smile:
    This is to say that, if your best friend really loves you, she won't run away. Maybe it will be difficult, but, in the end, they will accept you. That said, what makes you think that she will label you as a freak? Has she ever shown homophobic tendencies before?

3. disneyfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Its the extremely paranoid side of me that is afraid she will run. Unfortunately that side comes up a lot when Im nervous as hell

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just try and catch them when you are both in a good mood. Think about what you are going to say before you speak to them and prepare yourself for possible questions. You could even practice the general just of what you want yo say before you freak to them. This will help you be more relaxed when you see them and so come across as it's not such a big deal (which it shouldn't be).

Hope this helps,

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. mindfulgenius

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out to my best friend last week and I was thinking exactly all the things that you are thinking of right now! Now, I don't know your best friend, but you might find her to be a lot more supportive than you thought and if they don't respect you, then that's not a best friend. Best friends are there for each other no matter what.
    Just be prepared for questions and maybe the 'Are you sure?' one.