1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

woooooooo dear....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sparkyboyM, Jul 24, 2008.

1. sparkyboyM

well maybe not 'oh dear' as such, but see the thing is i think my mam saw a tab for 'gay youth' on my status bar when i showed her the world's hardest game on my computer. i actualy left her to play it and forgot to close the window lol.

she's totaly accepting of everyone, thing is i now feel pressured to tell her and i realy can't be bothered with all of it when i was realy fine not being out.

help?

2. Derek the Wolf

Don't assume she knows anything yet. She may already know (moms have a way with these things),but don't rush into anything if you're not comfortable with it. Don't feel pressured into doing something you're not ready to do.

3. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I agree. Maybe you could confront her about it tho? Maybe just talk about it a little bit. Most of the time parents aren't ready to talk about it either. My mom still doesnt know wut to do or think nd its been over a year. Eventually you will want to come out. So it might be nice to have someone on your side. But honestly my mom wasnt the firts one i told. I talked to a friend of mine who was gay nd we talked about a lot that night. and then i told my best friend and man that was weird. I couldnt even say it. I had to right it down. but i felt so much better afterthat. It gets easier hun. don't worry :slight_smile:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've left a clue. She may have seen it, she may not. She may have figured out the "mystery" already, or she may be utterly in the dark. Unless she comes to talk to you about it, consider it no big deal.

Lex

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! The chance that you mom saw it is there, but at the same time she might not have seen it or did not think anything about it. I do agree with Lex, that the best approach might be to wait for her to approach you.

If you feel that you are not ready to come out, don't come out to her at this stage. As Derek mentioned, don't rush into anything. Only come out to others if you feel comfortable and ready. There is a reason why you felt better not being out yet. Follow your instincts and what feels right for you.

Hope this helps!

6. sparkyboyM

thanks guys, feeling much easier about it now :slight_smile:

7. Hydrogen

Yeah, don't worry about it. I doubt she will say anything if you don't. Just wait until you are ready.

8. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think if she would have seen it, and actually disapproved of that kind of thing, she would have flipped a lid in front of you. If she did see it, it's a good sign. If she didn't then its just a neutral thought that's gunna claw at you until you ask her when you're ready.

9. beyondken

And maybe she saw it and misinterpreted it anyway – might've dismissed it as an ad that'd popped itself there or something like that. I agree, just do things in your own time, if you or your mum become ready to talk about it, it will come up eventually, but for now, feel no pressure.