1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by adavis0820, Apr 8, 2014.

1. adavis0820

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have known that I am bisexual for a while and recently came out to my closest friends and my sister. I want to tell my mom, but I have no idea as to when or how to tell her. This is really weighing me down, because I want to let the people closest to me know who I truly am, I am just scared on how they will react. I am debating telling an adult that I know well, but I don't know if I should just so I can get it off of my chest. So if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, there isn't really a good time to tell anyone. The best way I've found, so far, is to pull whomever you would like to tell aside, and tell them you'd like to talk to them. It can be an incredibly hard thing to do, but if you formulate an idea, not set in stone (that never works), of what you want to say beforehand, it'll help a lot. I make sure the person I tell knows that it's very hard to talk about, as well, and all that mumbo jumbo.

Best wishes, love.

3. adavis0820

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I have a couple people in mind that I will try that with. :slight_smile: