1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom thinks Bisexuals don't exist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aech, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Aech

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I once asked my mom what she thought of bisexuals. She said that it doesn't exist, they're perverted people only wanting sex with both genders, and that you can't be both. Those words scarred me forever. I want to come out...but I'm not sure how. I'm completely sure that my boyfriend won't judge me but I'm not so sure about my best friend. She's a Christian living one of those "No gays or bi's" worlds. So is my mom...technically. She's catholic and mostly accepting of the LGBT community. Although she completely excludes the "B" part of the community. I'm afraid she would tell her mother about me if she knew. My grandmother is also Catholic, but she's extremely religious. She thinks that all Gays, even Bi's, are spawns of Satan and need to be cured. I don't know what to do. I want to wait until I'm ready or until I completely trust someone. But I don't know how to tell if I'm ready.