1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Age?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kay337, Apr 9, 2014.

1. kay337

Alright so, right now I am 12, going on 13. I've had interest in girls for a long time. The problem is, I don't want to be in the closet yet, I don't want to have people think "It's just a phase". I feel like if I do now, I will not be taken seriously. There are only 2 people who know I am a Lesbian. Because, honestly there are only two people I can be sure to trust. One of which I may or may not have a crush on and she likes me back... She is bisexual. I just need some advice and I want to know when you came out so I can decide from there. :help:

2. gloomy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i just recently come out about 3 weeks ago and im 23 I had wanted to for quite some time about a year but you will just know within yourself when your truely ready to come out

3. lovely lesbian

Im 28 and Ive only just discovered Im gay so took me a while i probably knew when i was your age but i understand why you think people will think it's just a phase Because of your age and you just need to say it's not a phase and this is how you feel and it's not going to change but in answer to your question when you feel ready if you feel ready now then do it.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should come out only when you feel ready and comfortable. I mean, I'm 33 and only out to my mum (which in itself was fairly recent). I will come out to more people over time, but the timing needs to be right.

You should only come out if it feels right to you. Also, you need to come out to someone you trust to be accepting and so will always have that pillar of support when you come out to others later.

If you are going to come out to parents, it's best to gauge their attitudes to homosexuality first as you are dependant on them and so need to ensure there will be no potential adverse effect of coming out.

Hope this helps,

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. Clay

I came out at 19, but there are people here that come out at all ages.

What matters is when you feel ready to come out. Only you can know the answer to that.

It's entirely up to you.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having a quick look at the answers a lot of people have hit the nail on the head. You come out when you're ready.

7. kay337

Thank you guys, so much! <3