1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

logic tells me not to but I want to bust out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tier2, Apr 9, 2014.

1. tier2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm planning to come out after I get a degree in a few years. My logic tells me this is the best plan. However, I hate no one knowing who I really am. I don't want to hide and basically want to tell everyone important to me that I'm gay. How do I get rid of these urges to come out? I want to come out when I'm financially independent. Has anyone else felt this way?

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, at the moment no one knows? Do you think it would be possible (and safe) to tell anyone in confidence right now, as this may lessen the urge to come out to everyone.

I think your logic is sound, but I totally get why you want things out in the open too.

3. tier2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a couple of people I feel I can tell in confidence (sister, cousin) and I plan to when the timing is right. It is just that now when I'm confident it is so annoying to lie to people I care about.

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    University is actually an amazing place to come out, so you won't have to hide anything while you're doing your degree. I think just about all universities have an LGBT+ society. :slight_smile: