1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

was I outed?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mist3rI, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Mist3rI

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry this is so long...

Anyway, I'm out to a few friends but not to any family or my youth group from church (I plan on not telling them till I'm 1000000% independent). So yesterday I received a friend request on facebook from someone from my youth group. I'm friends with most of them, so naturally I accepted, but here's the problem.
    I use friends lists a lot on facebook and I'm very religious about them so I usually add people immediately to lists as I share different stuff with different people and yesterday I forgot to add said person to my restricted group I have for family and church which I exclude from vulgar/revealing posts. Now I know it sounds like I'm being a hypocrite but being gay is not something my church is very keen on so id rather they not know. Anyway I have a post on facebook where I told some people I'm gay and I have a feeling said person went through my timeline and saw it as I hadn't added them to my restricted list because a few hours later I got the following text from my youth pastor:

"Indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead. - 2 Corinthians 1:9

Then he added this:

May we all have the faith of Abraham and Paul today in whatever faces us. Remember in every hardship that God's grace is sufficient in our weakness. Keep your eyes on Jesus!

Now the only time he sends me texts are if he specifically asks me a question, nothing like this before.

Is it possible I couldve been outed? I'm 90% sure I have, the small hope I have is that he said "May we ALL have faith.... Which makes me think that maybe it was a text sent to all of us and that said friend did not go through my profile and find my post.

Anyway I have youth group tomorrow and I am so scared, what if I am outed, do I deny it and say something like I lost a bet and had to post that or do I accept it and then risk being put into a "gay healing" type of crap?

2. King

If you are concerned that the Church may respond with extreme action like gay curing or worse then maybe it is best not to go.

You could speak to the friend you added on FB, you don't need to hint about your sexuality, but say you got a weird text from the pastor.