1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by berileos, Jul 25, 2008.

1. berileos

berileos Guest

So,I'm depressed as usual,although I try to stay calm.How do you deal with the thing you're alone right now(thinking of partner),all of you who are single?I really feel alone...all my friends have someone...:cry:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's easy to fall into a trap of thinking that "any boyfriend" is better than "no boyfriend". But frankly, that's just not the case. Don't go latching onto somebody just because you're tired of being alone. That'll just swap out "lousy boyfriend" problems for "no boyfriend" problems...and trust me, "lousy boyfriend" problems are a lot harder to deal with.

What do you do while looking? All the stuff that's difficult to do when you're attached. Dive headfirst into your hobbies. Work on your interpersonal skills, like small talk, so that you'll be good at it once a potential guy comes along. Work on becoming a better cook, a better dancer, a better conversationalist. And eventually, a good one will come along. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. berileos

berileos Guest

I didn't mean that,I never had a relationship nor will I soon...I just need something to take my thoughts of the guys...That's why I asked how do you deal with it...

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yeah I only want a partner when Im down... mainly anyway

5. Malchik89

You dont have to get your mind off of guys (unless you want to join a monestary which depending on your relationship with the Big G is totally up to you) and the "nor will I soon" part of you not getting a guy, thats bs. I mean if you continue to have that type of attitude, you'll be alone forever. If you want someone in your life, start a searchin. I mean, sadly just sitting there and wishing for that guy to come into your life isn't gonna do anything but make you drown in anticipation. Because yeah, all of my friends have someone too and i also find myself wishing i could have someone like that. Thats why i try to get to know people so maybe it could lead to that. You just have to get yourself out there dude and make the effort. Don't just give up and say that there's no hope. Sorry if this may come off as harsh, im just putting my 2 cents in

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

7. berileos

berileos Guest

Sadly enough,I live in Serbia.The possibility of finding someone is 1:1000000.It's just driving me crazy...I'm not even sure if I'm gay,my parents fault,but they are right when they say my life is going to be a hell.It already is!:bang:

8. Yes, I triple that as well. Here in my town of Farmington, there is nobody!! Seriously. There was nobody in high school, and I don't really see anyone who is obviously gay out in the streets. I just honestly don't know how to go about it. I don't think I would want to find someone in a club because it's just not my thing. I really don't know how to go about it. It's not that I'm being negative, it's just that I'm facing what the reality is. I'm hoping to meet someone in college...and maybe when I transfer to the main campus (if I do) I might meet someone too. Who knows. Just remember that hope can never be taken away from anybody!

9. paint

Oh dude, don't let someone tell how your life will be. It's your life, your mind...if you don't control it, everyone else will try to.

10. -Michael-

I know exactly how you feel.
    But now the only and best advice i can give is DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

There is no use in complaining. DO SOMETHING.

I wish i knew this sooner. Would have saved me a lot of hardships.
    Good luck,
    Henson

11. sexyalex

WELL

I have been single all my life (lie but never had a BF) and i can tell you it's not hard if u know what your doing. Codependency is like peer-pressure. everyone has a bf so you want a bf too and really, does that makes sence to you? U feel soo hurt being with urself so u want to be with someoneelse. :eusa_eh:

but honey if u can't love yourself how are u hasting to be in a committed relationshsip It makes NO sence. For as far as i can say. If you can't be commited to yourself your never going to work out having a relationship and trust me THAT IS THE REAL PAIN.

I have done the life work!:confused: your in a relationship that dosn't work, someone is going to get hurt and if your not the type to love being with yourself(i know it may sound cynical) but if u can't then it makes no sence. You have no idea how much the pain will tear u up inside. Worse than how u feel right now.

So, as i tell all my friends, when u start thinking of relationships as not a want, or a need but a minor privilage and spend more time looking after themselves then they will not even have to find the right guy, the right guy will find them. (*hug*) and i am telling you, there is nothing sexier than a guy who takes care of himself and knows how to look after himself socialy and physicly.

so go figure!

regards,
    Alex.

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there! I'm sure you are going to find someone. There are a lot of gay people in Serbia as well. No worries about that. Your life does not has to be hell and nor will it be. I think if you take it slow, and take one step at a time you will get there. Try to figure out your feelings first before trying to find a boyfriend. You have been through a lot lately and rushing into things might not be the best way to approach it.

When it comes to feeling lonely, I think Lex has given you some great advice. Try being as active as possible. Do the things that you like doing which will help you also to gain a bit of a different perspective.

Hope this helps!

13. berileos

berileos Guest

I'm not good at anything,school is starting in September(that's a lot of time) and 'till then I'll be bored to death.I'm not saying that a partner would make me not feeling bored,but I'm so lonely...I hear with my friends from school only over a cellphone(they live in other cities),and if you may have noticed,I'm here all day,on the internet,looking for fun...which I'm not finding...Today I started to read a book,and that's what I do when I'm REALLY bored...I think no one can help me but myself,and I can't do it either...:tears:

14. Kat22

I just got out of a year realationship about 2 months ago. Being alone can SUCK...a LOT, especially if everyone around you, straight and gay, have a partner. I try to look at the positives, and while they may seem shallow and selfish at times, they do help.

- I spend a LOT less money now, which is good because I am able to save up for things I want and need, like the new cell phone I just bought, or my books I have to buy next month.

- I have a lot more time to do things with my friends. Before I always had to ask if she wanted to go with, and she wasn't friends with all of my friends. She was very jealous, so she would go often, and EVERYONE would be uncomfortable. My friends and I couldn't be ourselves around her. Now we can.

- Before, while I did love her, I did see other girls. Girls who were probably MUCH better matches for me. Now I can pursue those girls whom I have more in common with. I am not tied down.

Finally, don't take your mind of guys. Just realize that if you keep doing your thing, happily and independently, that right guy will show up. He'll show up a lot sooner than you would expect, too. :slight_smile:

15. Ty

Ty Guest

I used to be quite upset by all that, still am a little but thats more just envy because all of my best friends seem to be pairing up and its kind of just like me as the third wheel >..>

Buttttt Ive just decided that the only real opportunity for anything to happen is when I go to university, so i'll just wait until then. Just think about what will happen instead of what you want for the present.

16. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I kinda know what you feel like... cause I used to be in that mindset that I need a boyfriend or a I need a girlfriend but I realized that I don't need one.

I mean c'mon its junior year and a bunch of my friends are going out with other people. even my gay/bi friends too and being single... one of the only ones... is hard but I've come to see that I don't NEED one. Life has other things in it and I didn't notice it because I was constantly looking for love.

I mean, my hearts been broken severely twice and i've learned from that. I've never had a relationship to be honest, but you learn from every mistake.