1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to friends' mother??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wolfxinxchains, Apr 10, 2014.

1. wolfxinxchains

okay, so my friend is having a bondfire at his house, probably saturday night, and I want his mom to know me as Adam (he's gonna have his other friends over too, which brings up the problem of how to introduce myself. Help on that too please??) I want to introduce myself as Adam, and at my age I would be pre-pubescent, and I have a feminine voice. so I'll try talking from my chest. honestly I think I barely pass. It does annoy me a little that I have to decide. that day I plan on packing to help give the impression of: yeah, I'm male! I plan on my friend just telling her that I'm trans and explaining it a little bit and if she has any questions she can talk to me through text or phone.

2. Niko

Is this a new friend? Meaning is the first time you've met his mom? Cause if so then I'd just give your friend a heads up that you plan on going stealth at the party. Then just introduce yourself as Adam, but if his mom asks your friend, make sure he knows it's okay that he can tell her you're trans.

3. igoloo2946

That is very brave to come out to someone who you don't really know although at the same time it is dangerouse. Im not trying to be unsupportive but I'm scared of how the mom is going to react to you being that she might or might not be accepting of gays. Most mothers have a tendency to know without being told. Its sort of like intuition. For example, I just learned a couple days ago that my friends mom already knew that I was gay. Anyways, be safe with who you tell, and if you feel confident then go for it. :slight_smile:

4. wolfxinxchains

actually, me and my friends' family is very close and his mom almost treats me like her 'daughter' she is very nice and seems like she'd be accepting. I'm also going to tell my parents too so they have to call me Adam for the bondfire >:3