1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Boban, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, My name is Boban and I'd like to ask a question.

I am currently questioning my sexuality. Not sure what to categorize myself yet.

I am 21, a virgin, and recently decided to try sex with a male. I have been in denial for many years. Ever since I was about 15 and first started having sexual fantasies and dreams about men I have been brushing it under the table and denying it and feeling quite ashamed of it. Being of south eastern European heritage, it has made the situation worse, as some could imagine.

The thing is, I have had chances to have sex with females, but I never truly followed through as I didn't feel confident or never had the urge and desire to do so.

The question is: Is it weird to lose your virginity to a Guy before you at least tried with a Girl to see how it goes?

2. Manta

Hi there! Thank's for sharing!

You don't need to have sex to be certain of your sexual orientation. If you don't feel like sleeping with girls then you don't feel like sleeping with girls. There is nothing wrong with experimenting, but you shouldn't feel like you're forcing yourself if you really don't want to.

3. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok. Thank you Manta. :slight_smile:

Anymore opinions would be great.

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A common misunderstood notion is that you can know your orientation before you have had sex with anyone. I mean, for straight people, they don't have to have had sex yet with a girl to know they are straight. They can still know that before they lose their virginity as they are only attracted to members of the opposite sex. It's no different for gay or bi people.

Orientation is about who you are attracted too, plain and simple. If you like guys then you like guys. You don't have to try each gender to discover which you prefer. Just be true to your self and your feelings and don't be ashamed of who you are.

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Great answers. Very helpful.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it is not weird for a gay man to have sex with a guy; it is weird for him to have sex with a girl he has no interest having sex with. Go with what you feel you want to do, and who you want to do it with.

7. Boban

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah. I was also very anxious to try with a girl in case I wasn't able to get aroused enough, and in-turn embarrassing myself. Which I think will be the case.

With a guy, at least I know for certain that I will be able to be aroused. But because of issues I had during my teenage years in regards to accepting my sexuality, I have been unable to progress in normal human sexual activity.

But now I think I am ready.